real time market scanner

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by in56, Jul 25, 2006.

1. in56

in56

I'm looking for real-time stock scanner. Tradestation will only let you work with 1000 stocks. However I'd like to be able to scan whole market. Anybody found good reliable one?

2. Aok

Aok

Only 1000?

How many symbols can you trade at once?

In answer to your question.

tickquest.com
    insight-trading.com
    neovest.com

search for what are called "whisper resellers"

$500-1k/month. But the good news is whatever your criteria they can find it.
    On any time frame.

It has been a long time since I use neovest/first alert so I do not know what changes have taken place with its new integrated products.

3. Dustin

Dustin

4. in56

in56

Thanks for your answer...

As far as 1000 stocks at Tradestation, the way I understand works there I have to pick 1000 stocks and then scan within them. I want to be able to scan whole market. I might be wrong, but this is what they told me.

5. lundy

lundy

I ran into this problem with tradestation a while back, but after I figured in that Ionly wanted to scan stocks that did 1 mil volume per day, had options, etc, then it was easy to work within the 1000 per day thing.

6. mokwit

mokwit

Anyone know if there is a non datafeed, non CPU/RAM, non bandwidth limits with TS2000i? (TS8 1000/2000 limit is datafeed)

i.e. is there a hard limit built into the program or a maximum the program can handle irrespective of PC spec?

Would be a very low number of messages per symbol for what I have in mind.