Real Time Futures viewed in Excel

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by thereuare, Jun 3, 2002.

1. Does anybody know of a service that provides real time futures (specifically the E-mini contracts) that allow export to Excel using a DDE.

This allows one to view the prices, in real time as they change, directly in Excel.

Thanks.

2. tntneo

tntneo Moderator

there are so many :
    esignal, quote.com even some brokers allow you to link to excel.

3. Yaz

Yaz

I've seen a couple ads in the past few years for an Excel application that uses data from Barchart.com. I have never used the service, or any of barchart's streaming-data services, but it would be worth dropping barchart.com an e-mail and ask them if they still offer the excel service. At least you wouldn't have to pay for a Tradestation, DTNiq, etc to get the Excel app.

4. So what is the cheapest data provider that offers this feature:

ESignal $99/mo
    Quote.com ??/mo

Is anybody using a provider with this feature cheaper than $99/mo?

5. Yaz

Yaz

6. Couldn't get link to work, can you please try to repost it?

I did make it to their homepage, but not sure which product of theirs you are refering to.

Thanks.

7. tntneo

tntneo Moderator

the link is fixed now. try it again

8. Yaz

Yaz

Try this link: www.portfolioscience.com. That's the home page. Look on the lower-left margin of the page. You'll see a little icon that says something like "EXCEL ADD-IN". Click on the link and it will take you to the page with more details. If you happen to use the service, drop me a line - I'm curious as to your experience with it, usability, etc.