Real Time Demo/Paper Trading Software

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by YoungOne, Oct 17, 2007.

1. YoungOne

YoungOne

I am looking for a solid Real Time demo software. I have been using DAS Trader with a few brokers for the past week or two and it's a pain because they keep calling and you can't do it more than once or twice. Can anyone recommend one with good charting and if its only 5 days or a week thats fine. I just need something to trade with. Any input is appreciated.

2. NinjaTrader_Ray

NinjaTrader_Ray ET Sponsor

Check out NinjaTrader for the software with OpenTick for the datafeed. Both can be used free for simulation.

3. YoungOne

YoungOne

I don't think that open tick has real time for free does it? I thought it was only historical? Thanks though. Anyone else?

4. NinjaTrader_Ray

NinjaTrader_Ray ET Sponsor

Yes its free for real-time. They do pass exchange costs to you though.

5. YoungOne

YoungOne

Well I just tried it but its a pain. I'm looking for something with the top list and also something that will just let me enter any symbol and show me a chart/quote. It takes literally 5 min to go through, add the symbol, etc.. It's not bad if I want to look at one stock but its tough when your trying to actually trade. I'm really just looking for some broker that offers some free demo to there platform.

6. YoungOne

YoungOne

Anyone?

7. tradrdude

tradrdude

Try www.thinkorswim.com (you need to signup for an account, at no cost..).

Then you can play with $100k...using the same software/platform you would in live trades.