real time cnbc

Discussion in 'Trading' started by saptrader, Nov 9, 2007.

1. StopLoss

StopLoss

just FYI, when I compared plus.cnbc.com was slower than a slingbox/slingplay who was in turn slower than real cable. I'm not sure how any of these three compare to the satellite signal. I would think it's something like:

Dish > Plus > Slingbox > Cable

but don't quote me on that.

#41     Dec 13, 2007

2. Cable is the quickest way to go. It has to be non digital cable. Time warner is good. Cablevision is slow.

#42     Dec 13, 2007
  3. rjv27

rjv27

At my old shop I had the same issue. Some guys would subscribe to Sirius to get CBNC really time.

BTW I do agree with you that CNBC DOES break some tradable news stories.

#43     Dec 13, 2007

4. I tried SIRI it is ultra slow. Anything that hadto be shipped up to a satellite and back down to earth is very slow.

#44     Dec 13, 2007
  5. CNBC broke the biggest story of the year DJ bought by NWS. first poster was right. 30 points intra day move, nuts.

I work at Hold Brothers and they have a patch that sends cnbc in real time to our main jersey city office via phone. Im hoping we get FIOS soon

#45     Dec 13, 2007
  6. Would fios TV definitely be the fastest ?

#46     Dec 13, 2007
  7. This is what i hear. but it really is only hearsay. Can anyone confirm?

#47     Dec 14, 2007
  8. NICE...CPI came out WHILE they were on commercial break :D only about a 20 sec delay.....

#48     Dec 14, 2007
  9. now THIS is a funny post!

it's a big wonder how some people still have their heads above water after seeing so many posts like this.

#49     Dec 14, 2007
  10. LOL Richard.. what did they do over at the Goldman Sachs "news trading" desk while CNBC was on break ROTFLMAO

#50     Dec 14, 2007