real time cnbc

Discussion in 'Trading' started by saptrader, Nov 9, 2007.

1. yea you trade the news and you get it from CNBC ... ohhh you're a big prop trader as you said so many times wow so impressive

#31     Nov 10, 2007
  2. I know it does not happen too often, but CNBC just broke APPL new product line. I know the rumor has been out there but CNBC just moved APPLE a point. Good reason to have real time cnbc :D

#32     Dec 6, 2007

3. Just a heads up Mike Huckman just moved DNDN 2 points on CNBC (12:50:13). Maybe your trading would be more impressive if u had CNBC also ;)

#33     Dec 13, 2007
  4. ROTFLMAO

I forgot I was still subscribed to this thread, funny stuff.

#34     Dec 13, 2007
  5. Is the cnbc plus for $10/month the exact verbage we see on cable TV or is there content not included?

#35     Dec 13, 2007
  6. StopLoss

StopLoss

exact thing you get on TV minus the ads. For people without TV access really. And you get on demand where you can replay certain clips of interest.

For real-time CNBC, it will be hard. If you get faster CNBC at home, put a slingbox and connect there over Internet but I'm not sure you'll beat the dish signal by much.

#36     Dec 13, 2007
  7. I don't use it during market hours, but thinkorswim has free CNBC live and archived feeds on their platform.

#37     Dec 13, 2007
  8. I dont think achieves are going to help him. He believes there is an edge to trading the CNBC news.

#38     Dec 13, 2007
  9. I also trade news almost exclusively - use Dow Jones, Bloomberg, Reuters, Newsware, conference calls and yes, CNBC. A few times a month - especially in volatile times like we are having now - there are certainly trades off of CNBC. Unfortunately, we also use satellite for cable and our CNBC does seem to be a few seconds behind. I am also curious as to what connection gets people the fastest feed - I thought CNBC Plus might do it - I was hoping you could pay a little for a slightly quicker connection - but the opposite is true and CNBC plus is much slower than cable.

#39     Dec 13, 2007
  10. dsq

dsq

u can short any cramer recommendation when he blabs about it at 11 45 on cnbc....wait for the ridiculous rise and plateau then short....i dont do it much cause i only trade a small universe of stocks that i know intimitely and am too zoned in on my stocks to pay attn to idiots on cnbc.But i have shorted on cramer before and it works great...I think he also stopped doing recommendations during market hrs....he sure shouldnt be allowed...what a scam that is....

#40     Dec 13, 2007