real time cnbc

Discussion in 'Trading' started by saptrader, Nov 9, 2007.

1. BLOOMBERG does not break anything. I news trade for a living. Bloomberg sucks. CNBC breaks news once and awhile. This is not about CNBC or bloomberg talking about something that just came out on DJ or bloomberg news wires. Im talking about David Faber or other people breaking news for the first time. GRA, AIG, and GS within the last 2 weeks are perfect examples of what im talking about. SO again id love some new ideas

#21     Nov 9, 2007
  2. People are just put off by your attitude. Since you only believe that trading CNBC is viable system and you're not interested in opinions. Do you think Goldman Sachs has a CNBC desk?

#22     Nov 9, 2007
  3. LOL. ok your right and im wrong. there is 0 money to be made watching cnbc, im stupid your god.

Now that we got that out of the way can anyone think of a way to get cnbc real time. Time warner in the city has it, cablevision of NY and NJ does not. satellite is very delayed. Id love some ideas.

#23     Nov 9, 2007
  4. LOL I am sure people are standing on line to help you with that attitude

#24     Nov 9, 2007
  5. I work at a Prop firm that has a satellite tv and cnbc is on a 3 second delay. Does anyone have any idea how i can get real time cnbc? We cant get cable in our building either. Is there any service i can call up to get CNBC real time? Or any other ideas people can think of? CNBC breaks some news, and would be great to trade it without a delay. thanks

#25     Nov 9, 2007
  6. AAA30

AAA30

#26     Nov 9, 2007
  7. if you can get without delay for your home get that and then reroute it to your office

#27     Nov 9, 2007
  8. thanks for the idea. but i got cablevision at home and they are about 1.5 seconds slower then timewarner in the city.

#28     Nov 9, 2007
  9. cstfx

cstfx

oK I guess the proper answer to your dilemma is no. you're screwed. If you can't get fios or cable, there are really no other alternatives to accessing the signal. Even a microwave dish has a delay of signal due to transmission and processing.

Time Warner has a service called business link which delivers a signal to your PC. 2 forms: via cable modem (which may mean only their modems) and via fast ethernet, which requires a dedicated fast ethernet connection, which depending on the building you are in STARTS at 1k a month, and unless your prop is located in NYC or some other data concentrated area, that cost will be significantly higher.

http://www.twcbc.com/nyc/products/data/businesslinktv/ethernetsolution.html

Your choices are VERY limited for your needs.

#29     Nov 9, 2007
  10. I thank you for brining this to my attention. I'm going to give it a try on monday. . if this is real time would be a major advantage, have a great weekend

K

#30     Nov 9, 2007