real time cnbc

Discussion in 'Trading' started by saptrader, Nov 9, 2007.

1. me2

me2

that u BK/tex-man?

#11     Nov 9, 2007
  2. You're mistaken if you think live CNBC has real time news on anything.

Look at a Reuters terminal or a Bloomberg terminal then look at CNBC LOL

#12     Nov 9, 2007
  3. Bro, Ive traded prop for over 8 years now, you are on CRACK if you think CNBC is worth watching for breaking news.

#13     Nov 9, 2007
  4. really? didn't;t seem like anyone said what i said want true, GS, GRA, and AIG in past 2 weeks. who needs 2 points on 20,000 shares? and oh yeah what about faber making DJ go 30 points? Or did i jsut dream that he broke NWS buying DJ? keep thinking cnbc does not break anything, more shares for me.....actually your right cnbc does not break news, but back to my point, can anyone tell me HOW TO GET REAL TIME CNBC? thanks and advance

#14     Nov 9, 2007
  5. Realtime CNBC wont help you grab 20k AIG for 2 pts if you are trying to catch a news story as it breaks. I worked with a guy who trades the news, he makes high 6 figures low 7 figures every year. By the time a news blip that he interprets as important off of his bloomburg terminal hits, hes loaded and offering/bidding 20k+ shares in millisecs (depending on the stock). Those big news stocks move way before cnbc gets any wind of it. Now, by the time CNBC talks about it, there is still money to be made, however the big reaction to the news has already taken place. You are better off subscribing to a bloomburg terminal and getting news that way than trying to use CNBC to trade along with the big players.

#15     Nov 9, 2007
  6. really? didn't;t seem like anyone said what i said want true, GS, GRA, and AIG in past 2 weeks. who needs 2 points on 20,000 shares? and oh yeah what about faber making DJ go 30 points? Or did i jsut dream that he broke NWS buying DJ? keep thinking cnbc does not break anything, more shares for me.....actually your right cnbc does not break news, but back to my point, can anyone tell me HOW TO GET REAL TIME CNBC? thanks and advance

#16     Nov 9, 2007
  7. I've traded for 7 years and learned 2 things

1) CNBC breaks great news

2)never take advice from someone with the screen name "cocaine". You probably cant take him serious...LOL

#17     Nov 9, 2007
  8. AAA30

AAA30

Saptrader,

I think what most people here are saying is that there are better sources available then CNBC for news trading in general.
    Maybe they have a small edge now with the broker connections, as you pointed out, but from a total news standpoint they are weak/slow. Also everyone most likely gets a 3-7 sec delay for cnbc cable and satellite feeds.

Andy

#18     Nov 9, 2007
  9. FAST.AM

FAST.AM

I can tell you for sure that bloomberg tv breaks news much faster than cnbc..a few minutes sometimes.. try it u will see

#19     Nov 9, 2007
  10. my argument was not CNBC breaks news. I really dont care if people dont realize it does. I was asking where i can get the signal real time from a source. i dont care about peoples option on if i can trade off cnbc. BUt i will stand by my 3 examples within the last 2 weeks as exaples and also a 30 point move in Dow Jones earlier in the year.

satellite is delayed by a few seconds because the signal has to go into the sky and back down. Where Fios and SOME cable companies get CNBC quicker then others. I use cablevision and know its about 1.5 seconds slower then timewarner in the city. I was wondering from people here if they know a way to bypass there cable operator and somehow get cnbc the same speed as a quicker cable provider. Say a internet service, or something else i have not thought of. AGAIN I WOULD LOVE SOME IDEAS.

#20     Nov 9, 2007