Real time charting with IB TWS?

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by 8hcap, Nov 6, 2002.

1. def

def Sponsor

The code to relay the datafeed indeed has been upgraded.

For charting, you can use QT, E-signal, sierra charts and a few others (see the ib tools on the web site). The idea is to do what we do best - fast executions with low commissions and allow the other firms to tap into us via the API for charting and other purposes.

#11     Nov 6, 2002
  2. Can you give more specific details on what the new stats are compared to the old? Is it still snapshots vs. faster snapshots vs. all ticks? Etc. Thanks.

#12     Nov 6, 2002
  3. def

def Sponsor

i haven't spoken to the programmer in regards to it so I'm not exactly sure. I thought it was still going to be snapshots but when I popped up a TWS last night from home, the minis seemed to be updating real time. i'll ask for the info and will hopefully remember where to post it.

#13     Nov 6, 2002
  4. dottom

dottom

http://sierrachart.com/ can read IB quote feed, but I've never evaled the product. From the website maybe looks like lots of features to be added. Maybe if you have only one external data source and it dies and want to use IB as backup, SierraChart might work for you.

#14     Nov 6, 2002
  5. sierrachart.com is highly recommended here. I love the software. Great charts. A zillion indicators (more than you will ever use). Seamless integration. Stable and bug free. I say again ...I love it.

#15     Nov 6, 2002
  6. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

I've only been using it for a month, but so far, I agree. It may not be TradeStation, but $40/six months with a free datafeed is an amazing value.

--Db

#16     Nov 7, 2002
  7. shyhh

shyhh

I don't know whether my observation is correct but i notice IB did not refresh for quote fields that remain the same.

If this is correct, volume data on chart will be wrong. On Time & Sale report, some trades will not be reported at all.

#17     Nov 7, 2002