Real-Time Alerts software

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by SocalTrader, Oct 5, 2002.

1. I have been running this program along side my Protrader software and the alerts come in just as fast as theirs. I am using it to filter sectors so I can see where the money is moving during the trading day. It is alot easier than trying to follow indices on a board view.

Steve

#11     Oct 16, 2002
  2. #12     Oct 18, 2002
  3. iriekity

iriekity

I have been an active user for about 2 months now. I am very impressed with the level of customization that your software allows. To be able to filter my world of stocks, select the alerts that I want to watch, choose my font size and select my color scheme is fantastic. To do all of this, and deliver it over a standard browser is even more impressive. I look forward to your continued alert innovations and will certainly tell all my friends and associates about this product.

#13     Oct 18, 2002
  4. Minime

Minime

Thanks Irky, Back to You Bob!:D

#14     Oct 18, 2002
  5. Thanks for posting the website link. It gave me some good ideas. I actually write my own software (for my own use -- no competition so don't worry) and have been thinking a lot lately about realtime alerts so I hope to implement some of the ones you have exposed.

How did you come up with these alerts? Are they industry standard ones?

And to everyone else, what are some ideas for formula based alerts? I calculate and can utilize most of the common technical indicators, but has anyone considered how to express support and resistance levels or anything of the like for an alert?

I suppose that since these types of things are somewhat subjective and seem to take the human eye that the answer to this would be what most people seek, but I am wondering what, if anything, people have done with this nonetheless.

Thanks,

Rich

#15     Oct 18, 2002
  6. Yaz

Yaz

I just tried the trade-ideas website - very nice stuff. But I'm disappointed that, from what I can see, I cannot set alerts based on a few technical factors, like a MACD, etc. Any thoughts - or did I miss those on the site somewhere...?

#16     Oct 19, 2002
  7. Dear Yaz,

We decided to limit the first version of our alerts to the sample that you see. There will be many more cooler ones coming soon. As an example try this. http://www.trade-ideas.com/SingleAlertType.html
    With regard to MACD and various other ones, our running up/down and the confirmed versions of those alerts take into account the statistical analysis in MACD as well as other important factors. Since we began the research for the alerts project we could not find many unique and useful products on the web. Our goal was to create one. We have to keep some of the analysis methods proprietary but be assured that we are aware of virtually all statistical valid indicators and apply the appropriate ones to generate the alerts you see.

Sincerely,
    Dan

#17     Oct 21, 2002
  8. Dear richtrader,

Myself and the other members of trade-ideas have been in the trading game since day traders were called SOES bandits and a 3 point move in INTC was a big deal. We had spend that last 3 years in the hedge fund space creating software and getting feedback from professional traders, institutional money managers and hedge fund managers all over the world in terms of what they wanted to see. This is the first taste to wet people's appetites. Many neater much higher level quant oriented alerts are coming soon.

Hope I answered your question.

Best,
    Dan

#18     Oct 21, 2002
  9. Bsulli

Bsulli

Socal, looks interesting. Does it scan futures markets as well as stocks?

Thanks in advance.

Bsulli

#19     Oct 21, 2002
  10. We are in the process of adding futures and e minis because so many people have asked. I will make an announcement on the Trade Ideas Q & A post in Resources when it is done.

#20     Oct 21, 2002