Real Tick

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by zxcv1fu, Jan 7, 2002.

1. limit,

Those don't work for me. Again, does anyone know why RealTick is using non-standard codes for the contract months?

voodoo

#11     Jan 17, 2002
  2. I saw a few different codes in the replies here.
    This is what worked for me:

NAS emini: /NQC2
    S&P emini: /ESC2

#12     Jan 17, 2002
  3. limit

limit

voodoo invest: I've been using HMUZ for the minis for some time on realtick 7.4. I don't know why the other letters work. You do have to pay the exchange fee to get mini quotes. Sorry it was no help.

#13     Jan 17, 2002
  4. H M U Z are the standard month codes. When I called up realtick they indicated they use C I P T for the globex traded contract to separate it from the pit traded contract which uses the standard lettering.

#14     Jan 17, 2002
  5. Trader01

Trader01

I just got Real Tick. I have set up a stock chart that I like. How do I save this chart as my default chart, so when I make more stock charts, I do not have to go back and change every Parameter, color, type of bar, etc.?

Thank you.

#15     Feb 11, 2002
  6. zxcv1fu

zxcv1fu

While you have the chart open, Favorites, Add to Favorites, give a name....

#16     Feb 11, 2002
  7. TNO-Mike

TNO-Mike

"I just got Real Tick. I have set up a stock chart that I like. How do I save this chart as my default chart, so when I make more stock charts, I do not have to go back and change every Parameter, color, type of bar, etc.? "

"While you have the chart open, Favorites, Add to Favorites, give a name...."

....and make sure the Use As Default box is checked. Then when you need to pull up the chart again, simply click on the Chart Button on the Tool Bar and it will open with the setup you desire. You can either save position or if you check "Set up after Opening", the setup box will pull up and you can enter a new symbol as desired.

#17     Feb 11, 2002
  8. Andre

Andre

Hey folks,

Greg Davis from Townsend Analytics will be joining us in the Elite Trader Chat Room on Tuesday, May 20th @ 4:30PM EST as he explains why RealTick is the software platform of choice for institutional traders.

You can read more about the chat here.

André
    ET Chat Guy

#18     May 19, 2003
  9. Andre

Can you ask why Realtick has had so many server problems this year?

If they want to cater to the institutional crowd they'll need to prove much more reliability and robustness.

#19     May 19, 2003
  10. Yes, can we please get a straight answer on the server problems. I laughed when I saw it was the "institutional favorite", more slowdowns and outages and it'll put us in an institution, a mental institution.

I swear if he says it is my ISP, I will cancel my RT service on the spot. If he would come on and say, business is tough, we've cut costs and that hurt service, then at least I'd believe him.

#20     May 19, 2003