Real Tick Scanner/Filter

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by cornholetrading, Sep 16, 2002.

1. Yes it does that and a whole lot more!

#41     Sep 27, 2002
  2. cas

cas

Kelly...yes, the old FirstAlert could do that....it would be possible in some way with the new firstAlert THIN...but would depend on the input group as the starting point.

cas

#42     Sep 28, 2002
  3. Cas,

How much does the thin verson cost? I called the sales office and left a message, they have yet to call me back.

#43     Sep 28, 2002
  4. cas

cas

It is around $300/month..FAT was costing me a little over $400/month.

cas

#44     Sep 28, 2002
  5. Cas,

Do you have a link that will let us look at the filters / criteria to select from to design our kown filters?

#45     Sep 29, 2002
  6. cas

cas

Ticker,

honestly you can do about anything......some things are easy..others are harder to do. Until I know for sure what the status of the 2 different version is, I would have to say that there will be different capabilities. They have a ton of built-in filters in the THIN version..and then you can create your own from there. You might check out their user manual:
    http://www.neovest.com/support/neo_qstart.asp?Product=Neovest

If the list of built in filters isn't there, you might contact them and ask them if they have a list somewhere.

cas

#46     Sep 29, 2002
  7. Cas,

Thanks, I've used first alert for 3 years, then tried insight (I set it up for a prop group), but since there is a thin version I'm interested in getting for my personal trading.

Thanks that link is what I needed!

It looks similar to the version I used to use. I guess as long as I can pick my rules I'm good to go.

I O U 1

#47     Sep 29, 2002
  8. Whats the exact difference between the thin and thick price wise and features wise?

--MIKE

#48     Sep 29, 2002
  9. the thin is $300 a month, but after all the exchange feeds, i'm paying $520 a month. kind a pissed because i work for a prop firm, so i thought i would get some kind of cheaper rate (on the product, obviously not the exchange feeds).

#49     Sep 30, 2002
  10. If you work for prop firm why do pay for First Alert yourself? Where are you located ? I am using fat client First Alert and do not even know how much it is, my company pays for me.

#50     Sep 30, 2002