Real Tick real bad

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by AAAintheBeltway, Jan 3, 2003.

1. Sittas

Sittas

hmmm....
    I use rt as well but i very rarely have any problems.

Sittas

#21     Jan 24, 2003
  2. Do you guys using realtick have the ability to use Direct + on NYSE?

thanks.

#22     Jan 24, 2003
  3. Lancer

Lancer

AAA, when you downloaded the latest build, did you get .010 or .007? I downloaded from the link labeled .010, but got .007.

#23     Jan 24, 2003
  4. The issue has to do with internet cache servers-- the name happens to be the same. If you wait maybe 24 hours and redownload you should get the right version. In the future we're going to try to incorporate both major and minor build numbers in the download name to avoid this problem.

Thanks,
    Josh Moses
    Townsend Analytics

#24     Jan 24, 2003
  5. cartm

cartm

I use to use RT and am not now bc I am not doing stocks. Its unfortunate to read this bc when I used RT it was top notch. Very stable, never had a problem.....I got a pm about a upcoming chat regarding RT, bring it up in the chat, from my experience, those guys can be pretty helpful........just my2cents...........

#25     Jan 24, 2003
  6. TG

TG

I am absolutely sick of RT and these early morning problems. For about the tenth tome, open causes the damn thing to freeze, disconnect, everything, and esignal sits next to it purry along. If anybody from RT has an answer to this, please send me info on how to do it with a PM. I"m gone for a week and when I return, if you dont work, you're gone along with the broker who makes me use you.

#26     Jan 24, 2003
  7. If it is the last three digits in the build then I got .007.

#27     Jan 24, 2003
  8. I have had a similar problem, usually right at the open, with no warning bam! it disconnects, everything else continues to work with no problem. Have to say it didn't happen this morning so I am hoping the new version has resolved most of my problems.

#28     Jan 24, 2003
  9. Guys,
    Not to repeat this too much, but please give technical support a call if you're having problems. We'd be happy to help out and do as much as possible for you. The number is (800)997-9630, and we are open from 7 AM to 7:30 PM CST, M-F. If you would prefer to speak to me directly that can be arranged.

Thanks,
    Josh Moses
    Townsend Analytics

#29     Jan 24, 2003
  10. Lancer

Lancer

AAA,
    The new build is .010; available tomorrow apparently. (Build .007 came out around mid-November.)

Josh,
    For at least a couple years now I've reported problems with news server connections and the general lack of RealTick connection durability, but like so many other suggested improvements, nothing is ever done about it. I'm running .007 and have the same connectivity issues described. Servers disconnecting, "restarting terminated connections", etc. It's nothing new, although it's been pretty bad recently. Previously it was always the news server, but lately it's everything.

Meanwhile, my eSignal feed and everything else powers along with absolutely no problems whatsoever. eSignal is getting the job done; TAL ought to figure out what eSignal is doing so right, and then do the same thing.

#30     Jan 24, 2003