Real Tick real bad

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by AAAintheBeltway, Jan 3, 2003.

1. Is it just me or is anyone else having issues with RT the past few days? LevII is slow to update, then locks at times. P&L all screwed up. I'm sure their tech support will say it's a connection issue, and for all I know it is.

2. Whamo

Whamo

AAA,

I've had the same problems. Level II on the emini's consistently freezes when there is heavy volume. Also have periodic reinitializations of Realtick once or twice a week. Realtick tech support doesn't address it only to say the particular server either looks fine or has issues and for me to logout and log back in to get another server. Like I give a shit what there servers look like, all I know is I have an issue that they don't fix. Moving off Realtick at the end of this month.

Whamo

3. Whamo,

I guess this is not exactly a burning issue with most out there but I have definitely noticed an uptick in issues with RT. Which platform are you going to?

4. Whamo

Whamo

Currently using Ensign w/ an eSignal data feed.

5. enrick71

enrick71

What are the main differences between real tick and ensign-esignal? I'm a Real tick user (I love this software), but I would like to try other platforms for intraday charting with historic intraday data of at least 10 days, DDE, cme future, scanning tools, etc. Someone have any thoughts about other plataforms similar or better ?

Thanx in advance

6. I've never used RealTick, so I can't give you a comparison. But, if
    you didn't know, you can try Ensign for 10 days for
    free. No credit cards or forms, just download and run it.

7. Shankar

Shankar

There is a tool that connects RealTick with WLD2. I have not tried it and I am not sure how many people are using it. You may want to take a look at it. http://www.realtimesalsa.com/

8. Rt having another bad day. My broker conceded their inhouse traders were fouled up as well. Spontaneous log-off's, no LevII, charts not updating, other than that everythings fine. No doubt it's a problem with my ISP...funny it's not effecting anything else I'm running.

Attention Townsend: get this mess straightened out. Rt is too expensive to have to deal with this kind of crap.

9. Whamo

Whamo

I lost Realtick connectivity several times this morning but my Ensign / eSignal ran flawlessly. Must be a problem w/ my ISP as well:D You would think for the amount of money they charge they could keep their servers stable...

10. They are having some issues for the last 3 weeks; but it is still the best out there ...

#10     Jan 16, 2003