Real Profitable Strategy Search

Discussion in 'Risk Management' started by benvasseghi, Aug 30, 2020.

1. Hello everyone.

We are in search of real profitable strategies. If you have one you want to share or disclose what you are doing, it would be greatly appreciated. Here is an example of one of my favorite and easy systems that i like to share with most new traders.

One simple strategy, is using the ADX above 30 and going up and taking the
    bounce off of the 50 period SMA and 50 day must be the 200 period SMA.
    take the breakout of the the high and place a stop on the privious swing low or pivot.
    Please share with us if you are a profitable trader only year after year with this strategy.

murray t turtle likes this.
  2. deaddog

deaddog

Stocks:
    Buy new highs.
    Don't hold a losing stock in your portfolio.

mwahal, murray t turtle and fan27 like this.
  3. El Trado

El Trado

Keep the winners and get rid of the losers quickly......

Seriously, do you think anyone having a «real profitable strategy» is going to post it here? How long do you think that strategy will stay profitable then?

mwahal and d08 like this.
  4. deaddog

deaddog

I'll bet most couldn't trade a strategy if you gave them one.

They wouldn't trust it and as soon as they experience a loss they begin to doubt and tweak it.

5. Who is "we"?

At the end of your post you write, "Please share with us if you are a profitable trader only year after year with this strategy.".

So that must mean YOU have been profitable year after year with your ADX/50/200/pivot strategy, right?! Well, prove it... show us the proof.

6. %%
    That works very, very well with etfs/qqq/tqqq/spy/upro also.
    TOO BAD posting something can goof it up/briefly. BUT sept tends to be down late/so me posting that does not goof it up?LOL Its simply law of averages; sept down late,usually.
    And if SEP goes super strong like some of year has/we can say ok,good uptrend=friend.
    Not a prediction/not an inferior plan/trade;spy tends to underperform the other 3

koczeau0 likes this.
  7. Not everyone thinks that way. There are a lot of people out there that are already set in life and are very comfortable helping the new traders. I have been using the ADX method mentioned above for 5 years and its worked well and somone was kind enough to share it with me.
    I am sharing it with anyone that is interested its very simple. I do also trade a multiple time frame system but that has specialty software so it wont do anyone else any good unless they have an account with TradeStation. I dont think sharing a system will put you at a disadvantage.

8. 777

Email Medalion Fund at Renaissance Technologies your question!

On second thought, there is probably a reason quants making billions are really secretive about systems they are currently trading.

9. Peter8519

Peter8519

Most new businesses will fail. Some successful businesses will fail too. On top of that, markets are selling hypes and hopes. Indeed, some of these hypes and hopes will become reality. Every investor is looking for them. It's hard to find them but they exist right before our eyes. I am looking for them too by pouring through thousands of charts everyday. I can only place my bets on past trend and hope for the best. On my spare times, I hunt for the holy grail. After more than 10 years, still no holy grail but the betting continue. I have to put(risk) money in the market in order to make money from the market. IF I have a real profitable system, I wouldn't be selling it.

jl1575 likes this.
  10. I dont really believe in wholy grails. But if i had to call something wholy grail in trading it would be a solid trading plan which will include a 3 to 1 Risk to Reward set up with solid money management. I have come across a multitime frame system that offers these type of setups. But its only available on TradeStation.

#10     Aug 30, 2020
    ElectricSavant likes this.