Real or fake?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by PitchBlack, Jun 11, 2005.

1. danielc1

danielc1

I see... You want to prove a point...

Have you ever read the book How to win friends & influence people from Dale Carnegie?

One of the chapters explain why you never can win an argument...

So why bother?

#21     Jun 12, 2005
  2. kut2k2

kut2k2

True (for conventional MAs).
    False.

#22     Jun 12, 2005

3. So if the trades were generated by a system then they are the system trades and real ones. Unless your system generates fake ones too??

When I look at the trades I see some generated on divergences so I could guess a stochastic with some sort of filter could do this.

#23     Jun 12, 2005
  4. kubilai

kubilai

Having read that book, I believe Carnegie is right that you can never win an argument and convince someone of anything. What he didn't mention is that the argument itself might be picked up by some impartial bystander, and really do something for him. The bystander doesn't have his ego involved in the argument, so he could best make use of the information :D

#24     Jun 12, 2005
  5. Indeed, i just post things that i want to share. I don't feel the need to convince others, but charts can sometimes say more than words.

#25     Jun 12, 2005
  6. ozzy

ozzy

What's the point of this thread? Even if it was real one week of data means nothing. Run the system for six months and then come back.

Don't you people have anything better to do then play games like this.

ozzy

#26     Jun 12, 2005
  7. Ozzy,

i'm daytrading since 1990. The basics of this system run since 1995.
    But don't worry, i won't post any trades any more.

#27     Jun 12, 2005
  8. ozzy

ozzy

ok. So its real. That means your most likely a bazillionaire if your averaging 10 points a day.

Congratulations to you. I have nothing against winners.

#28     Jun 12, 2005
  9. in february you said:

"I'm not rich (yet) due to the fact that i lost between 1990 and 1995 almost my complete capital (over 250.000 us$)."

so if you've been trading this system for 10 years and not yet recovered or surpassed much beyond 250k .. how great is it. especially considering that in march you said:

"In the meantime i had more than 7 millkion dollars under contract"

either the bullshit meter is spiking, or you're not doing so well, especially considering 7M AUM

#29     Jun 12, 2005
  10. Ozzy, Avid Vonsumer,

Read what i write, not what you wished i wrote; i said:
    The BASICS of this system run since 1995.

This means that this system was created in 1995, from that moment on I stopped losing money and started making money. I never said it made 10 points a day since 1995. I also mentioned in other threads that people who calculate like you do have no knowledge at all about trading. If you want to know why, read my other postings. Have you ever tried to take 1000 contracts as daytrader ? Well don’t try it because it is impossible; so your bazillionaire calculations are ridiculous. But you only know that if you know what daytrading in Eminis is.

It is ooh so easy to take parts from postings and use them in another context. Can you tell me in which year I had 7 million under contract? If you cannot say it you are bullshitting.

Have I said I didn’t recover yet? If you cannot say it you are bullshitting.

It’s also strange that you don’t mention the posting where I said on 04-06-05 at 11:18 PM:
    I started from scratch.
    First 5 years to develop a system that prevented losing money.
    I had 2 computersystems: one in my office and one at home. Average more than 10 hours a day/6 days a week minimum.

After these 5 years another 5 years to make the system perform as it does know. Returns grew exponentially.

So 10 years to get a performing system , starting from zero.

I trade now 5-6 hours a day, 5 days a week. I don't have to be before my screen all the time.

I know several persons who invested also a lot of time, money and energy and they still have nothing. Participating in the game doesn't guarantee success.

#30     Jun 12, 2005