Real money blogs are censored.

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Free Thinker, Jan 21, 2006.

1. blogs are not censored anymore. i just was able to post this:

"Jim Cramer 1/30/2006 1:08 PM EST "Leave it to James Altucher to give what I think is the most thoughtful analysis of Mad Money and its Cramer Effect that I have seen. Just go over to your right to read it. He is so darned on point. The show's detractors really seem to have a bead on the notion of the stocks moving too much, so this is spot on. "

i see that cramer uses the previous day close to calculate his performance after his bull jobs. he is using 15.09 as his starting point and claiming 37.8% gain even though no share traded there after his bull job.

from the mad money website for redf: 01/24/2006 $15.09 + 37.8%

in fact only 2225 share traded between 15.37 and 17.75 that night. is it honest to claim your weekly gain on this stock off the close when no one could have traded it? i used to remember someone bashing analysts for taking credit for gains after a stock has moved. when a stock is bulled,gaps up, and goes down and you use previous days close you can claim a gain when in fact anyone who listened to you could have had a loss. using previous days close numbers makes your winners look better than they are and makes your losers appear not as bad as they probably were.

#11     Jan 30, 2006
  2. I was wondering about what price they use for calcs. If they really use the prev close, and not the 20% avg higher these pump jobs trade at, then they are engaging in a form of fraud,

Forget what appears to trade at a low price, you'd have to buy within 2 seconds of the mention.

Sinking to new lows daily.

#12     Jan 30, 2006