Real Grail For Sale

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by The Real Grail, Aug 19, 2010.

1. Yes people, no joke. I have an exceptional system for sale.
    Extremely reliable, a little complicated, and I don't think that it is automatable (unless you are Jim Simons), but the logic is simple enough for a ten year old once you understand the basics.

Questions that you will ask, so I will answer them:

1) If it is so great why are you selling it?
    Because someone else trading it will not affect my profitability, but selling it will pad my bank account and the amount I can invest in my own trading.

2) How do I know it is real?
    I can send real money results.

3) What type of performance/returns?
    Real money account return was over 22%/month at average 15x leverage, and accuracy is over 70%.

4) What was the worst DD?
    12%, with a recovery time of 3 days.

5) Sharpe?
    I don't know as I am not an excel expert, but should be over 3.

6) What markets?
    It has been tested on Futures, FX, and Commodities. It is NOT suitable for stocks.

Ok, a few other points: No wacky, joint venture, "I'll pay you part of future profits" type offers. I'm not a child or a sucker so look elsewhere if that is your intention.
    I would consider a true prop offer, but only under certain conditions.

People, I know that this sounds like BS, and caveat emptor (especially on ET), but this offer is honest and serious, so please try to keep the peanut gallery comments to a minimum.

Thanks.

2. nLepwa

nLepwa

You are funny :D

So, starting with $100k you'll be a billionaire in less than 4 years.
    Why again did you want to sell it?..

Ninna

3. pcp198

pcp198

price? do you accept Paypal?

4. That statement alone qualifies this as a "con job". All financial markets have a high component of "emotion/psychology" factored into them. Any methodology which is genuine includes the psycho component... including stocks.

5. For those of you who missed your reading comprehension classes I will request again. Try to control yourselves and keep "smart" comments to a minimum.
    And if I had $100k to run on this, I would not have started the thread.

6. I know you are a record poster on ET, but that does not mean you understand the markets or MY system.
    To paraphrase Jim Simons, my system isolates specific market patterns and takes advantage of those non random events to predict future short term movement.
    The reason it is less effective on stocks is not because of something it does or does not take into account. The reason I do not like it on stocks is because of the extreme effect one large buyer/seller can have on stock price, which is much less likely when dealing with a commodity/index.
    The only way to preclude a large unexpected move from a large purchase/sale or from price manipulations (dark pool, sub pennying), etc.) would be to trade a stock with a huge market cap, but there are very few of those with the requisite volatility required for system rules. That said, it can be applied to ETFs.

7. I know you are a record poster on ET, but that does not mean you understand the markets or MY system.
    To paraphrase Jim Simons, my system isolates specific market patterns and takes advantage of those non random events to predict future short term movement.
    The reason it is less effective on stocks is not because of something it does or does not take into account. The reason I do not like it on stocks is because of the extreme effect one large buyer/seller can have on stock price, which is much less likely when dealing with a commodity/index.
    The only way to preclude a large unexpected move from a large purchase/sale or from price manipulations (dark pool, sub pennying), etc.) would be to trade a stock with a huge market cap, but there are very few of those with the requisite volatility required for system rules. That said, it can be applied to ETFs.
    And again, I reiterate: I have docs to back up my claims so please do not talk about what you think, when it has nothing to do with the FACTS.

8. I know you are a record poster on ET, but that does not mean you understand the markets or MY system.
    So the reason it is can be less effective on stocks is not because of something it does or does not take into account. The reason I do not like it on stocks is because of the extreme effect one large buyer/seller can have on stock price and this can counteract the expected movement based on system rules and add unpredictability to an other wise predictable situation. Sort of like trading before a news release. This is much less likely when dealing with a commodity/index.
    And I reiterate, I have docs to back up my claims, so please do not talk to me about opinions when i am talking about FACTS.

9. nLepwa

nLepwa

1. Post the facts (audited) so that we can review them.

2. You still didn't explain why you need to sell it if it works as well as you say.

3. Why wouldn't you sell it for a profit share?

Ninna

10. Lep
    1) Given your previous reaction, you can I understand why I don't take you seriously.
    2) I don't "need" to sell, but I gave an explanation why it's a good idea; see point 1, op.
    3) Because I don't trust anyone else to trade it properly and/or give me the money they are obligated to and/or keep it a secret.
    Would I sign the pink slip to my lambo (still don't have one) and trust someone I don't know to send me the money? Hardly.

#10     Aug 19, 2010