Real Forex Trades

Discussion in 'Journals' started by RealForexTrades, Mar 19, 2006.

1. The word is: "know", not "now", of course.

This will serve as my ONLY typo correction just to let you know that I am aware of them - I won't be correcting anymore.

#31     Mar 20, 2006
  2. dude mellow out...by the way thanks for the textbook answers....yes yes...I know, you treat trading like a business and you have all the correct answers....but can you trade?

#32     Mar 20, 2006

3. I don't know, what do you think?

Dude, mellow out? What are you talking about? Do you see anyone in this thread not mellow except those asking questions that are outside the parameters of this thread?

If you have a question about the trade now in progress, or the trade profiles having been posted, or the various degrees of accuracy, I'd be more than happy to discuss it - but all this nonsequitur waste of space, I don't get.

#33     Mar 20, 2006
  4. Electric,

What instruments do you trade? (while I wait on mine to flow out)

#34     Mar 20, 2006
  5. Electric/TVII,

Still there? Are we having fun yet! :)

#35     Mar 20, 2006
  6. i see your 24 hour trade has around 1 to 1 profit/loss ratio.

What % of your 24H trades are winners

ty

#36     Mar 20, 2006
  7. Now you ask are we having fun yet?....

Would you please make up your mind?

I trade Retail Spot Forex and I monitor several majors and exotics...

I ignored/unsubscribed from this thread and was going to come back later when you are long gone, to find out about this promised revelation... but someone alerted me to your posts. I am curious about this revelation you promise, but I do not have time to read through this and play with you...Can you cut to the chase?

I am glad ET has a spell checker :) (and I do not mean you)

but all this nonsequitur waste of space

#37     Mar 20, 2006

8. 1 to 1 is not actually correct for the system average. I don’t know how you are going about calculating profit/loss ratio. My Stops always change dynamically as the system sees fit and the targets will always be dynamically changed as well. But, I do have a system wide “average” pip value as well as a system wide average “draw down” value. Right now, the ratio is 67/28, which is a net profit expectation running 2.392 times the expected draw down per trade.

My minimum acceptable ratio if 1.5, so right now the system is really out performing expectations. These numbers change with every update of the system each 24 hour period. But, as long as it does not drop below 1.5, I’m ok. Anything below that, and I place a moratorium on all trades until the system’s “Health” returns to normal. In fact, this ratio is the system’s Health Indicator. It is the final go/no go indicator that I glance at before entering the order.

However, to answer your other question the system (and actual trade statements) current running at 100% accuracy on the 24hr level for the past 47 trades and only 94.12% for the past 280 which is slightly down a bit from last week because of this silly little trade today that wants to take its time getting to my target.

I don’t think my target will get struck today and I based accuracy in four (4) different dimensions: Timing, Direction, Magnitude and Probability. Those are the components that are most critical for any trader, but they have special meaning to me as I don’t see anybody in the business talking about these concepts in synergy or their significance to day trading in general and/or specific. So, I have four (4) measures of “accuracy” with “Magnitude” being the one that controls “to target” accuracy, which is a bit off today, but was lethal last week in another trade journal that I posted on another site.

I actually have been between testing (a mixture of real and demo trading) and production trading (real cash) for the past few months since late 2005 and I have various trade journals around the net. Some were visual and some were text based journals. So, when you ask me a question abut “current” accuracy, I have to cut through all my previous “test” or “beta” trades and only count the live “production” level trades. Just FYI.

#38     Mar 20, 2006

9. That sounds like a great idea! Why don't you go ahead and do that because from your very first post in this thread, you've been nothing but arrogant and I have only a very small amount of patience for rude and arrogant people in this business anymore. If you had actually asked relevant questions from the outset, things might be different – but instead you began with insults. So, why not just go ahead in hit the ignore button – trades like these would not be worth your time anyway. I’m sure you are trading at much higher levels anyway.

#39     Mar 20, 2006
  10. Tatsimon,

When I say, 67/28, I'm refrng to net expected pips on both sides of the ratio, of course.

Just to clarify.

#40     Mar 20, 2006