Real Estates Black Hole Miami Condos 2008 To 2010

Discussion in 'Economics' started by the gardner, Aug 26, 2007.

1. Let's at least exchange numbers. I'm sending you a PM. The past two months I've had so much shit on that I'm within 2 feet of the screen 24/7.

#91     Sep 12, 2007
  2. get a room guys :D

#92     Sep 12, 2007
  3. Cutten

Cutten

I've heard of talking your book but this really takes the cake :p

#93     Sep 12, 2007
  4. I agree..the time to buy a condo in SoFlo is when almost absolutely NO ONE wants to buy one....then you should be at decent pricing levels. This is still probably one to two years away...be very patient. I want one in the Boca area myself, but I am going to let the economy $hit out first and then start tracking "sold" unit prices.

#94     Sep 12, 2007
  5. Any of you Miami boys see the reports at what Dean came in at?

:eek:

DEAN MADE LANDFALL ON THE EAST COAST OF THE YUCATAN PENINSULA NEAR
    THE CRUISE SHIP PORT OF COSTA MAYA AROUND 0830 UTC

THE INTENSITY IS SET AT 145 KT.

THE 906 MB
    CENTRAL PRESSURE IS THE NINTH LOWEST ON RECORD FOR AN ATLANTIC
    BASIN HURRICANE...AND THE THIRD LOWEST AT LANDFALL BEHIND THE 1935
    LABOR DAY HURRICANE IN THE FLORIDA KEYS AND HURRICANE GILBERT OF
    1988 IN CANCUN MEXICO. DEAN IS ALSO THE FIRST CATEGORY FIVE
    HURRICANE TO MAKE LANDFALL IN THE ATLANTIC BASIN SINCE ANDREW OF

#95     Sep 12, 2007
  6. ElCubano

ElCubano

it was packing gusts of 200mph winds sustained winds of 185mph...thats freaken insane when you have been though winds that are 100-150...

#96     Sep 13, 2007
  7. I'm no expert, but I think water would be a huge problem. The reason is that the storm surge is what knocks down buildings typically, not the wind. Of course, it wouldn't create the mess they had in NO where most of the town became a lake, but a wall of water carries impressive force.

#97     Sep 13, 2007
  8. That would be unimaginable. The thing about hurricanes is they go on for hours and hours. Just hearing 100 mph wind for a couple of hours makes you crazy.

#98     Sep 13, 2007
  9. gnome

gnome

While in the military on Okinawa, I experienced 5 typhoons... the worst was "only" about 125 mph, but the storm held for 40 hours.

That place was expecting such storms, was prepared, and it still hosed virtually everything... no potable water for 2 weeks, besides all of the building and structure damage.

#99     Sep 13, 2007
  10. ElCubano

ElCubano

the surge bring in the water and if it doesnt reced as was the case in NO then you have massive destruction....and what brings down buildings and flips car upside down are the gusts of winds and a phenomena called wind bursts ( i dont knwo if that the name)....but in hurricane andrew the wind guage in the air force base got locked up when it came down and it was stuck at 220mph...it could have been a twister that came out of the hurricane or a wind burst...

#100     Sep 13, 2007