Real Americans ONLY

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Standard Oil, Dec 8, 2009.

1. Then maybe its citizens and residents should take a moment to STFU; for now that is. :)

#21     Dec 9, 2009
  2. Check the UK "non-dom" tax regime. The UK is a tax haven for foreigners with no UK income but who have significant offshore capital gains. It is actually somewhat similar to the Swiss flat tax regime for foreigners to the extent of not allowing any domestically sourced income.

#22     Dec 9, 2009
  3. This is a futile discussion. The axiom that "bulls make money, bears make money, pigs get slaughtered" hold true everywhere, not just in markets. If any one's financial situation requires him to pay a lot more tax than he would pay elsewhere, so much more that he is contemplating renouncing US citizenship, just hire tax lawyers and accountants instead. You know by Warren Buffet's own admission his secretary pays a double tax rate than he does, right? Like I said "bulls make money, bears make money, pigs get slaughtered".

If you are making too much and are a US citizen, just chill and hire tax pro's to do their work. Without some very special circumstances, people talking about renouncing US citizenship have no clue what they are talking about. Grass is always greaner on the other side - right.

#23     Dec 9, 2009
  4. What a load of BS. How do the results of lawyers and accountants fiddling around with tax returns stack up against a 0% income/capital gains tax rate in Monaco?

#24     Dec 9, 2009
  5. Really? Can you be an US citizen and still take advantage of this wonderful place called Monaco? Some way or other? If not, and if Monaco is so nice and wonderful, why do we have a bunch of HF head honcho's in good ol USA? Earning hundreds of millions as US citizens and paying whatever they are paying? Ah yes - idiots they must be ;)

#25     Dec 9, 2009
  6. Did you read the thread at all? We were talking about RENOUNCING one's citizenship.

#26     Dec 9, 2009
  7. Yes, I did read. And my post wondered about the need to do so. Read my post

#27     Dec 9, 2009
  8. #28     Dec 9, 2009
  9. Thanks for asking. I would like to know too :)

#29     Dec 9, 2009
  10. The "need"? There is no need if you enjoy paying US taxes. Oh wait, if you just employ an army of smart lawyers and accountants you pay zero taxes in the States. How could I forget.

#30     Dec 9, 2009