Reagan's Big Spending = Big Bull in 1980s

Discussion in 'Economics' started by richrf, Dec 8, 2008.

1. richrf

richrf

Guys,

It looks like it is all Doom and Gloom from your point of view. If I held the same views, I would be shorting the market like crazy with max. leverage. If you do this, can you let me know. Because I am buying, and I love to buy on the cheap. Just keep the shorts coming. I am waiting for the market to drop a bit, and anything that you guys can do to help out, would be very much appreciated.

#31     Dec 9, 2008
  2. oh, you can have a rally when the fundamentals are bad, 2003-2007 was a bear rally in my opinion. but like all rallys, if you're long you make money, and short you lose

#32     Dec 9, 2008
  3. richrf

richrf

Equity rally's occur when the market is a good place to park money when compared to alternative investments. Treasuries, commodities, CDs, some currencies, etc. are poor alternatives at a time when the fiscal policy favors massive spending and monetary policy favors low rates.

But, I am an easy going kind of guy, and I welcome all shorts to disagree with me vehemently and short Obama to the hilt. All in! Bring those prices down. The lower the better, though, unfortunately, I don't think I am going to have another bottom to party off of.

#33     Dec 9, 2008
  4. You're too stupid to even realize that if you adjust for dollar devaluation, there was no actual equity rally in 2003-2007.

#34     Dec 9, 2008
  5. Same for George W Bush. A huge spender and the stock market surged until 2008. The current bear market cannot be attributed to deficit spending as the libs would have you beleive.

#35     Dec 9, 2008

6. hmm...... stocktrad3r?
    ;)

#36     Dec 9, 2008
  7. Couldn't agree more. We'll have 300,000 troops in Afghan/Pak by 2010. The new economy depends on it.......

#37     Dec 9, 2008
  8. richrf

richrf

lol.

#38     Dec 9, 2008
  9. richrf

richrf

There are two ways to spend money:

Wisely and foolishly. We've had the latter for eight years. Over the next four years, we will be witnessing the former - and the effects are very healthy for people and our economy.

#39     Dec 9, 2008
  10. gnome

gnome

You are so totally FULL OF IT. There will be no growth, only social spending. You'll love it when the USSA has become "France, West".

#40     Dec 9, 2008