Reagan's Big Spending = Big Bull in 1980s

Discussion in 'Economics' started by richrf, Dec 8, 2008.

1. Well, I've had to put up with economic idiots my whole life, so I'm used to it. I find it particularly hilarious that you think that if everyone just sat around unarmed singing "Kumbaya" and building levies nobody would ever bother you. Of course, you'd have to be completely ignorant of history. According to you, feeling the need to have a military is "paranoid".

Incidentally, I don't have a problem with you building whatever you want. Just reach into your pocket to fund it instead using government to steal from me to fund your pet projects.

#21     Dec 9, 2008
  2. richrf

richrf

I agree. My guess is that Obama's administration will be known in history as the big technology infrastructure administration. His priority is putting people back to work. There will be lots of incentives for municipalities to go out and find proven broadband technology and deploy it. Big winners will be the telcos, network routers, etc.

But I am not playing sectors, since every sector (except maybe defense) will benefit. So I am playing the Ultra indices.

#22     Dec 9, 2008
  3. The defense stocks ( namely LMT, LLL, and GD ) are a screaming BUY here!

GD and particularly LLL have the least amount of pension plan expense "headwind".

#23     Dec 9, 2008
  4. richrf

richrf

I really have no idea, since I do not know how Defense does as well as other industries unless Afghanistan gets out of hand. Hopefully not. In any case, I am into Ultra indices, so if equities inflate, so will the indices.

#24     Dec 9, 2008
  5. Absolutely not. He's not a Messiah, he's a politician. His #1 over-riding priority is getting re-elected.

#25     Dec 9, 2008
  6. richrf

richrf

You do that by putting millions of people back to work. I don't think that Republicans will be back in the White House for two decades. I know that I am being pessimistic (four decades would be better), but sometimes I am forced to face reality.

#26     Dec 9, 2008
  7. Isn't the level of stupidity of the average voter amazing ? I visited the old USSR before it fell apart. I can remember how the stores had practically nothing to buy. I remember how the Soviet citizens were very cautious about saying anything anti-govt that might be overheard. Nothing worked worth a damned. Politicians (lawyer/liars/bull shit artists in the obfuscation, extortion, & protection racket) and bureaucrats (paper pushers & 'No !' sayers) are only interested in their survival in the system, not in producing something that works. They aren't entrepreneurs, inventors, and innovators & are incapable these functions even if they wanted to carry them out.) - - Now the morons in this country want to turn their lives and futures to "The Government" - - everything from their healthcare, to jobs, to retirement. When people are clueless about the gifts handed to them from past generations (Democracy & at least a little bit of 'free enterprise'), they throw them away. I doubt that many voters, especially the young airheads could even tell you what the USSR was or what conditions were like there. Yes, these Americans Are that ignorant. They can tell you all about the latest basketball game or t.v. celebrity though.- - These fools, and 'true believers' argue Dems vs Reps when they don't even see that they are different sides of the same coin. Theyve been screwed over by both sides for decades. The pace of that screwing will increase in the future, and the morons will continue to be clueless - - - they'll even vote for it.

#27     Dec 9, 2008
  8. Lot of good reagan's defense spending got us

owned by the communist chinese with debt

white flag would have been cheaper

people gloated about how defense spending and afganistan broke the soveit union

yet couldnt see that we were walking into the same trap

#28     Dec 9, 2008
  9. You nailed it! :D :D

#29     Dec 9, 2008
  10. i dont see how people can want govenment healthcare, when most people under 45 would walk away from every cent they ever paid into SS, just to never have to pay another cent in

like gov healthcare's gonna be any different

#30     Dec 9, 2008