Reagan 1986 Tax Reform

Discussion in 'Economics' started by HeSaidSheSaid, Oct 21, 2017.

1. I've met the president of the Mises institute. He was Ron Paul's campaign manager when he ran for president. and the idea that is it Russian funded is completely stupid.. now you have completed discredited yourself.. I've read Human Action by Mises twice and I can assure you he wouldn't rolling over in his grave.. I think we fundementally disagree with what the fed does.. I would say it's likely your some quantative style econometrics central bank worshiper who believes in central planning.. a incredibly large speculator in the market that never pays for making mistakes. The fed, Government spending etc...

#31     Nov 2, 2017
  2. piezoe

piezoe

Ron Paul's campaign manager is the 'President' of the 'Institute'! That's Hilarious.

By the way, though I've always admired Ron Paul, I can't think of anyone, including yourself, who has a more distorted or inaccurate understanding of Money and Credit to say nothing of the Fed which remains a complete mystery to him. Almost everything out of his mouth is wrong when it comes to the Fed. He is an advocate for the gold standard, for god sake!

#32     Nov 2, 2017
  3. Well I think we have both shown our hand.. we will see if the austrians or the neo Keynesians will prevail.. likely anyone who advised the state how to intervene unfortunately will get hire by the government...

#33     Nov 2, 2017
  4. piezoe

piezoe

That was settled by Febuary, 1936.

#34     Nov 2, 2017
  5. #35     Nov 2, 2017
  6. Sig

Sig

I'm curious what you think about the fact that the U.S. citizens of our capital, as well as Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, Guam, CNMI, and Samoa all pay federal taxes and don't have get to have representatives who can vote in congress? Sure it's easy to dismiss all those island places 'cause they're far away and most people haven't been there, but Washington DC, the capital of our country?

The primary flaw in your logic in this discussion is that you think of the government as an entity in and of itself, rather than an elected group that represents all of us. But if you feel that taxation put in place by our elected representatives is slavery, then how could you possibly support the continued "slavery" of those residents of D.C. who don't even have a representative or senator who can vote? What did we fight the revolution for again?

#36     Nov 3, 2017
    piezoe likes this.
  7. I agree.. part of the argument is taxation without representation obviously....

#37     Nov 3, 2017
  8. piezoe

piezoe

Give me a good link to something specific you wanted me to read, and I will be happy to take a look at it and express an opinion.

#38     Nov 3, 2017
  9. Sig

Sig

Great to hear that! Please try to convince some of your fellow libertarians (Hopefully not a rash assumptions of your politics) of that. Interestingly although I disagree very strongly with you and the Ron Paul type philosophy in most areas, I will give kudos for being more intellectually honest and internally consistent than the right, and I even agree in some areas like this one.

#39     Nov 3, 2017
    piezoe likes this.
  10. #40     Nov 7, 2017
    murray t turtle likes this.