Ready to short boys?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by RangeTrader, Sep 22, 2012.

1. Ash1972

Ash1972

Nah, actually I'm in YOUR mommy's guestroom. And not always her guestroom, if you know what I'm sayin'

#21     Oct 1, 2012
  2. larskunde

larskunde

Won't happen, never underestimate the power of the bull, a lot more would have to go wrong to puncture the unbridled enthusiasm for a lack lustre economy.

#22     Oct 1, 2012
  3. this is what you post on your first post while the s&p tanks late. i have no idea what happens tomorrow but that's not a sign of strength. is this prom night scooter?

#23     Oct 1, 2012
  4. Sandusky went short boys and look what happened. :D

#24     Oct 1, 2012
  5. I don't know about you guys but I am HAPPY with trading a market that "Can" be shorted with any kind of decent odds...

Either that or bought oversold during the end of a correction.

Smart traders simply do not trade a market that slowly grinds upward at around a couple points per day... It's like trying to squeeze a dried lemon...

#25     Oct 2, 2012
  6. you just made a thread talking about maybe making a trade at 1470? i hate this market and could be out tomorrow. if you make money when it hits 1470 and drops like a rock more power to you. i guess i don't understand why make a thread but it is what it is.

today
    s&p 1,439.01 - 1,451.52 12 points
    dow 13,424.92 - 13,567.06 123 points
    nas 3,101.64 - 3,131.6 30 points

#26     Oct 2, 2012
  7. Wherever I get a trade setup. Not sure if ill get one in that area on the daily chart, but I likely will! Just playing the hourly and 15m until I see a good one.

#27     Oct 3, 2012
  8. piezoe

piezoe

I'll grant you, it's debatable how well QE is working. What for example would unemployment be in its absence? What about pension and mutual funds? The real estate market and housing? Soros credits the Fed with preventing a depression , and I agree with that (so far at least).

We may not be able to evaluate correctly the effectiveness of QE and its ultimate outcome for another quarter century. A lot will depend on whether the timing is right on Fed policy coming out on the the other side. That's an unknown at this point.

The academic study of economics is less useful then one might suppose. The basic theories are wrong or inapplicable, and the attempts to quantify them in mathematical models borders on the ridiculous. The EMT theory is wrong and CE theories lead to misconceptions. Real markets are not efficient and they don't necessarily have to tend toward equilibrium.

One of the reasons I think Bernanke is a top notch Fed Chairman is that he seems to be aware of the defects in the standard models, and consequently is inclined toward what works on this planet as opposed to what works according to economic's textbooks. He is also far more open re fed policy than was Greenspan, who in retrospect must of had is head three feet deep in sand.

But regardless, the fed can't turn the economy around without the cooperation of Congress.

#28     Oct 3, 2012
  9. retired people who use to live on cd money now have to enter the stock market and what happens if it tanks bubble ben? you can't build anything without pain and cleaning up the mess first. you can't give businesses free money and a poor outlook and tell them to hire people on faith. you will see how insane it is when europe falls apart. there is noway germany is going to take on all this debt because not one of those countries could raise taxes, cut workers, and cut budgets there would be blood in the street. its totally impossible and america is just kicking the can down the road until we blow up too. you can't call tops or bottoms in markets because the market does what it wants but economics does catch up at some point.

time will tell us if ben was right or wrong but i think economics is purely text book. i hope your right and ben proves me wrong though.

#29     Oct 3, 2012
  10. Why must everything turn into a fed thread? Sheesh...

Hoping for a good jobs report tomorrow to get us back upto the daily resistance zone again for a better short setup next week.

Bernanke cannot save the economy or change it at all. His programs just have a giant placebo effect which shifts everyones emotions enough to temporarily restore economic confidence. But, eventually it will all collapse again as the problems are deeper and structural and cannot be fixed just by forcing everyone into risk on mode.

#30     Oct 3, 2012