Ready To BOX!!!

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by michaelscott, Jun 29, 2007.

1. Haha. I have not come back to this thread since I have not had a chance to breath the last few days and this section is way out the bottom of the page.

Im on a mailing list where I get invited to events. One of the events is the wall street boxing tournament where you can box money managers and certain others.

Its coming up in the Fall. Im not sure who will be there...

#21     Jul 5, 2007
  2. michaelscott: we'll need your stats.

#22     Jul 5, 2007
  3. It was at Schweitzer upstairs in the bar sometime late in the evening. Me and a couple work buddies were just fuckin' around after skiing. We start arm wrestling and after I beat both of them next thing I know there's a line of guys waiting to take me on.

Fuhrman (sorry I didn't spell his name right the first time, talk to my lawyer) was there with like eight or more of his posse for a birthday party I guess. They kept the bar open after hours for them and they musta thought me and my guys were part of the party. The waitresses start stripping (ya, people got fired) and it turned into more of a lap dance fest. Alcohol, weed, testosterone, and nudity...all the fixin's of a pig roast (pun intended).

I don't know exactly what pissed Fuhrman and his boys off, the fact that I beat him and his guys arm wrestling or that the waitresses were lettin' me feel them up and I mean all the way up. Anyway tempers flared and we were outnumbered, but after a brief lesson in physics and motion and a view of the ceiling they sent our table a platter of shrimp, bought our drinks and ended the night amicably. I heard the tab was around 5k.

He's bigger than he looks on tv. I don't know him. All in all I'd have to say he handled himself publically much better than most, given the situation. That goes a long way in my book, regardless of who you are.

If you were hoping for a tale of broken arms and bloody noses, I'm sorry. I can usually end a fight long before it gets to that point. I came to grips with my anger a long time ago. Fuhrman was beat and he knew it albeit intoxicated. He didn't make a fool of himself by refusing to give up. Just took his licks and bowed out.

So now do you want to hear about the time I mowed Kurt Cobain's lawn, before he blew his brains out?

#23     Jul 5, 2007
  4. Really great story.

I'm a serious fan Ju Jitsu after seeing one too many fight in the hood end up in a bloody mess ... and if the loser didn't like the results he'd go get his gat to get his satisfaction.

I'm all for the next one, lets keep it roll'in.

JJ

#24     Jul 5, 2007
  5. 6'1, 180-190lbs. No fury here, just technical shots.
    Tell you what, if you're ever in NYC, contact me and we can do some friendly sparring. Hold off the wager, I think I'll steer clear of the Cuban Mafia on their own turf.

#25     Jul 5, 2007
  6. There is something really funny about this whole concept.

Can't help but laugh.

#26     Jul 5, 2007
  7. HIllarrious concept!!

#27     Jul 5, 2007
  8. I am 6' 240 lbs

I am a little out of shape and would probably pass out just from the jog from the dressing room to the edge of the ring.

If I wind up and put everything into one roundhouse, I will knock you out, but if you move or duck the momentum will carry me off of my feet and use up whatever enery I had and will most likely have trouble getting back up to my feet again. I might need oxygen and 15 minutes to wind up and try again.

If you move around the ring a lot I will not bother chasing you and in fact get tired just watching you.

I think I can compete...

#28     Jul 5, 2007
  9. Hilarious coach. I think you mean spinning heel kick, but hilarious nonetheless.

#29     Jul 5, 2007
  10. "If I wind up and put everything into one roundhouse, I will knock you out, but if you move or duck the momentum will carry me off of my feet and use up whatever enery I had and will most likely have trouble getting back up to my feet again."

I like to think of myself at this stage of the game as a "quarter horse" plenty of speed but only for a short distance. Stamina and duration is out the window at this point in time.

#30     Jul 5, 2007