Read My Lips!

Discussion in 'Economics' started by bugscoe, Aug 2, 2009.

1. What a shock.

Geithner Won’t Rule Out New Taxes for Middle Class
    August 02, 2009 8:02 AM

To get the economy back on track, will President Barack Obama have to break his pledge not to raise taxes on 95 percent of Americans? In a “This Week” exclusive, Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner told me, "We’re going to have to do what’s necessary.”

Geithner was clear that he believes a key component of economic recovery is deficit reduction. When I gave him several opportunities to rule out a middle class tax hike, he wouldn’t do it.

“We have to bring these deficits down very dramatically,” Geithner told me. “And that’s going to require some very hard choices.”

http://blogs.abcnews.com/george/2009/08/geithner-wont-rule-out-new-taxes-for-middle-class.html

2. pupu

pupu

Well, now that we are practically out of the recession and everyone is doing so great why not?

It's the least the middle class can do to help out the govmnt for doing so much for them.

3. Arnie

Arnie

Timmayyyyy!!!!!!!!

4. I don't know about you guys but I sent Geithner an e mail and asked if he could put Michael Jackson face on a coin. Tax shmax we could sell a lot of these to pay down the debt.

5. So Timmie and the Treasury are setting tax policy these days?

I may have to get that special version of Turbo Tax.

6. Yawn......