Re-visiting the March lows or going even lower?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Jumpshot, Jul 11, 2009.

What do you truly think?

1. SPX will not reach 666.

26 vote(s)
    51.0%
  2. SPX reaches 666 and bounces.

7 vote(s)
    13.7%
  3. SPX goes lower then 666.

18 vote(s)
    35.3%
  1. Jumpshot

Jumpshot

All of the market experts on Bloomberg and CNBC have dismissed any chance the market will reach its previous lows. This tells me that we will either reach the March lows or go even lower.

Its like December 2001 all over again. All the market analysts all over the news saying we are in recovery mode and that the market would go back up then the market craters yet again reaching new lows by 4Q 2002.

What do you truly think and believe?

2. gkishot

gkishot

Why? Are the earnings going to collapse?

3. wartrace

wartrace

I would be overjoyed if it went below 666, it would make my year. I believe we will see the 800 level at best.

4. Ah , another "how low will we go" thread.

I thought they were banning these thinggs? :confused:

:p

5. jnorty

jnorty

Chances of seeing 666 in 2009 are about .0000001%. I only assign any % over zero because of a black swan event happening.Its that certain. Now 2010 is another story

6. S2007S

S2007S

Subtract 100 from .0000001 and that's the chances these markets have at new LOWS.

7. Illum

Illum

I don't think there is any avoiding it. People are not paying their mortgages. The job market is dead. To top it off, people don't trust the stock market. I would be shocked if we closed this year higher than 666.

8. Jumpshot

Jumpshot

I did post a poll and was interested in seeing the sentiment. The sentiment in the poll shows that a majority believe it will never hit 666 while a more verbal minority in the comments seem to believe it will go lower then 666.

The silent majority is saying it wont get there where as the more verbal minority says it will...

9. I was interested in knowing if this is another one of your aliases ... thebestguruever wants to know

Yep, thought so. :D

10. This board has such a fervent, rabid, nuclear winter, red dawn, right-wing para military, gloom and doom minority. The loudest voices are the most crazy.

#10     Jul 11, 2009