Re-thinking "Discipline"

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by formikatrading, Nov 17, 2017.

1. %%
    One lady said to her friend ''no, those dont make you look fat, you are fat'':D BUT since i'm not a female, +disciplined enough not to pretend; or as my banker dad said ''dont tell all you know''

#11     Nov 17, 2017
  2. Yeah... like you're ever going to get away with saying that!

#12     Nov 17, 2017
    murray t turtle likes this.
  3. tommcginnis

tommcginnis

One of the most socially destructive things of the last half-century is the insidious twisting of "discipline" from something admirable and good, to something evil, bad, unfair, knee-jerk, unproportioned and sapping of any joyeux de vivre.

Seriously -- as a species, this sucks.

#13     Nov 17, 2017
  4. Handle123

Handle123

Think of Discipline as this, every morning you will wake up and be like the Blues Brothers eating once in their lives at a fine restaurant since you can't control your money.

Yes, it be fun and charming then when you shit canned your last buck....

#14     Nov 17, 2017
  5. speedo

speedo

Time for your discipline
    [​IMG]

#15     Nov 17, 2017
    comagnum likes this.
  6. So, for those reading this thread, what behavior do you know you need to do, although uncomfortable, in order to be disciplined? By the way, this was my 500th post!

#16     Nov 17, 2017
  7. Follow and execute your trades for your own defined reasons.

But discipline extends to more than just execution... like paying attention.

#17     Nov 17, 2017
  8. lcranston

lcranston

What one ought to be saying is "I need to be more disciplined in following my trading plan." Without a plan, there's nothing to be disciplined about. With a plan, following it brings rewards, and it is those rewards that make being disciplined pleasurable.

#18     Nov 17, 2017
  9. Xela

Xela

[I'm not much into boots, myself, to be honest, but] I instinctively look at it (in a trading context, anyway) the opposite way round: as having to not do things that you might want to do (e.g. taking trades that don't really "qualify" etc. etc.).

Interesting discussion, though ...

#19     Nov 17, 2017
  10. speedo

speedo

:D

#20     Nov 17, 2017