RE> Bright Trading "Boot Camp"

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by mrktwiz, Sep 16, 2002.

1. Uh, say it ain't so...

Well, if it has gone up, then its worth twice as much as they used to charge. Those eye opening experiences are worth hearing and being able to question the source, whatever they charge.

Highly recommend any serious trader in this business, going there and taking on the gamble to improve themselves. After all, Wall Street is a collective, and resistance is futile (to your profitable well being)...

#11     Sep 17, 2002
  2. cashonly

cashonly Bright Trading, LLC

Yes, I'm familiar with the bootcamp. I've talked to Don about this and I think it sounds very good. However, it is a "work in progress". I guess you could say he's in the "alpha" or "beta" stage of it now and when he's ready, he'll be providing more info. If you want more details, you could PM him.

#12     Sep 17, 2002
  3. mrktwiz

mrktwiz

..uhh thanks for the information you provided. Actually I'm getting pm'd by several other ET readers who are interested in the same question I posed at the start of this string so I was hoping to see if Don would answer it publicly.

Possibly this is a "work in progress" but I am very interested in joining a prop firm, (was leaning BT way...but now...hmmm). When this "boot camp" was told to me by a "current" BT trader their in Las Vegas, I was even more excited to join, only to have that dampered by what looks like a <total> cost of $3,000.00 ($1K training plus now "Boot Camp" cost's+ plus desk fees/comm) to NOW join Bright....I just want some clarity on the issue that's all.

I suspect that Don is not ready to talk about it yet publicly and that's fine then, I'll wait and look at alternative choices in the meantime.

Thanks Cash....

Good trading all...

mrktwiz

#13     Sep 17, 2002
  4. I haven't mentioned much about the upcoming boot camps here on the boards for obvious reasons....but, judging by the PM's received and the interest out there, we are going forward. Very simply, our "beta test" here in Vegas is working well. I cover the openings with the new traders, review individually with each person, answer questions...help with the calculations and all the rest. We progress each trader individually for 6-8 weeks, with daily communication from myself and my brother (and help from other top traders). Since we (my brother and I) are trading every day, the new people seem glad to get our insights into each day. So far, everyone is enjoying the experience. The fee is nominal, and we will work hard on the ongoing format.

(Please continue with the PM's, I really don't want to go into details here on the board....I'll wait for our "graduates" to post if they like).

Don

#14     Sep 17, 2002
  5. mrktwiz

mrktwiz

Ok I'm sorry if I offended, but I've been pm'd a great deal too about this, (I had heard about the Boot Camp about 3 weeks ago....) just didn't know about the $2,000.00 fee.

I'll pm you directly for the specifics when I get some time.

mrktwiz

#15     Sep 17, 2002
  6. what do u have to do in this bootcamp? Is there a 5 mile run at dawn followed by training at the rifle range....

#16     Sep 17, 2002
  7. mjt

mjt

No, but at 5 AM every day you have to get up and raid the Bright snack cabinet.

#17     Sep 17, 2002
  8. No laps, or 5 mile runs (yikes, reminds me of my Marine Corps bootcamp back in '69).

Just pushups for those who don't make money......"you got a problem with that, Soldier??"'

lol

Don

#18     Sep 17, 2002
  9. cashonly

cashonly Bright Trading, LLC

WHAT?!?! ADDING TO A BAD POSITION?!?!

DOWN AND GIVE ME 20 SOLDIER!!!!

#19     Sep 17, 2002
  10. ler

ler

what do u have to do in this bootcamp? Is there a 5 mile run at dawn followed by training at the rifle range....

• I don't know but I've been told
      Better not keep what should be sold
      Sound off
      One, two
    you get the idea

#20     Sep 17, 2002