RCG is horrible

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by TLC Trader, Feb 20, 2007.

1. x dandxg

I'm already with TT 7.x w/ Global on GHCO, but with no studies; do not rely on TT SIM for the evaluation, it's slow on fills and some features are not fully implemented; I asked to Anthony for a live account with no money (I know it was possible years ago...) but he never replied me. I'm on TT for the look & feel of the DOM, too -- and for the reliable (usually) datafeed.

#11     Feb 22, 2007
  2. Well, what this trader speaks of is VERY TRUE.

They don't have real time account information, it is delayed.

TradeStation and most REPUTABLE firms have tick by tick updates of your account.

GlobalFutures.com has been fined for FRAUD on more than one occassion. See the NFA website, link will be provided upon request.

They don't provide REAL time account summary and equity status, so be very careful if you take advantage of low margins. They have no real number set as to when they consider your account for liquidation. I know, because it happened to me. They liquidated my position, with a market order, at the high of the day, even though I had enough cash on account to ride another point out. No phone call, no email, NOTHING, just liquidated my account and told me to pound sand.

Be careful of GlobalFutures.com - fined for FRAUD more than once folks, look it up.

Stick with reputable firms that provide REAL time access to your funds and won't just liquidate you with a market order at the high of the day even though you have money left to cover no less than another point. (ER2, fyi)

Fined for FRAUD - Avoid if you want to feel safe in my opinion.

#12     Feb 22, 2007
  3. Finally Im in GHCO,First time lunch X-Trader v7 and on the first time ALL works,all exchanges online available.Now I am satisfied...

#13     Feb 25, 2007
  4. Global Futures still not showing live Balances?!

#14     Jul 16, 2008
  5. sammybea

sammybea

Does anyone have any insight on the reliability of RCG. I know they are in business for X number of years, but that doesn't really mean anything to me (aka bear stearns)

Also, what is the most important factor to look at when looking for a new clearing firm? Excess cash? customer deposits? Etc.. Bit perplexed on the whole issue.

#15     Aug 25, 2008
  6. The most important factor is the risk management practices of the clearing firm. The second most important factor is ratio of capital to customer assets, the higher the better.

#16     Aug 25, 2008