RBT - Reverse Brain Technology

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by The Expert, May 13, 2010.

1. I saw one anthropologist give a lecture. One good point was that different cultures answered the question of how humans could survive, and further that different cultures showed there is no one reality, rather several interpretations; given that, learning about different cultures outside our own and thus different realities would free us to be able to choose our own interpretation of reality.

A good exercise -- reference all of your thoughts. It was interesting for me to do this rigorous exercise to clarify for myself where the thought came from. Eg, did I see or hear it directly? did someone tell me? did I read it in a textbook, or in a biased editorial? did I learn it many years ago in grade school, or a couple of years ago in a training course? did I derive from my own reckoning? or is it my guess, based on some info and some inferred info? It has helped me figure out how much confidence to have in my ideas -- and how much confidence to have in that line that I drew on the chart !!

#31     May 17, 2010
  2. odlareg

odlareg

Will try!

#32     May 18, 2010
  3. I like The Carpenters myself.

TE

#33     May 18, 2010
  4. Redneck

Redneck

TE

Well as some time has passed maybe I’ll give this a shot….

1 Most are taught what to think, not how – and sadly this cycle is perpetuated more systematically with each passing generation – although admittedly it is easier to control the masses this way..

2 Children, not yet encumbered as per above, have minds free of noise, thus they are able to create their own reality – as we all could if we were to only try…

3 People put too much emphasis on self importance – Ego is a bitch, no more so than in life.. and in the market…

Heck they probably even think the market is out to get them - and only them - as if it knew they existed.. :eek: :p

Now if these same people were to only realize – that if they were to stick their hand in a bucket of water, swirl it around, and remove it – the hole they leave is really how irreplaceable (important) they are.. Then possibly they could benefit, or become beneficial, in some way - but then who can really say...

http://www.baroquecds.com/baroquebanquet.html

Just a few musings from a dumbass redneck

RN

#34     May 22, 2010
  5. schizo

schizo

Yes, but they only apply to dumbass westerners (not directed to anyone in particular) who were fortunate to have been born within an affluent society. These musings you brought up are only three more useless luxuries for the rest who were unwillingly born in some third-world piss poor countries. Self importance? Just what the hell is that? It's hard enough to get by on a daily basis.

Education should not rest on the laurels of self-importance. Unfortunately, we're conditioned to think that way.

#35     May 23, 2010
  6. Very good insights RN, and I knew you would post in the important thread:D

At some stage, in every persons life, there comes a time when the "what the fuk am I doing" point is reached. Unfortunately, for most it is too late, and they then find that they have only a short time left to live and enjoy themselves. We have all seen this happen to many people we know, close family included.

The only thing that holds back any person from reaching their Goal, is oneself. Realization is the first step, and, the sooner one realizes that to change, one must make some hard decisions and adjust as required, for, it is the only way to achieve any real success.

Education, well, lets just say that it does not help the realization process, in fact, it actually prevents it from happening, unless one finds a way to see thru the rubbish that is handed out to the masses, for obvious reasons.

Montaigne summed it up nicely in 1580, and there is no need to do the maths to tell you how long ago that was :eek:

"But to come to my intended purpose, there is no better way to allure the affection, and to entice the appetite:otherwise a man shall breed but asses laden with Bookes. With jerkes of rods they have their satchels full of learning given them to keepe. Which to doe well, one must not only harbor in himselfe, but wed and marry the same with his minde."

TE

#36     May 23, 2010
  7. The world will always be unfair and just, for that is how us humans think and act.

If you care to look at any 3rd world country, you will find that the RULERS are corrupt and only have one thing at the forefront of their mind, and it is not the welfare of their people:eek:

History does indeed repeat itself, over and over, and, to think that it will ever stop doing so, well, is to think that Earth will stop spinning.

It is a hard and cruel world, and we must ALWAYS do what is best for ourselves and our families, or as Herbert Spencer said after reading Darwin, it is "Survival Of The Fittest".

TE

#37     May 23, 2010
  8. blox87

blox87 Guest

TE keeps bringing up paintings ....

I've been thinking about why in the world anyone would pay so much for a painting and how it relates to trading. This is what I have come up with. Still trying to find out what TE is trying to imply using that circumstance.

Reasons someone would pay millions for a painting...

1. Because they can , and would like to have a something very rare. It gives them self satisfaction knowing they have something so rare that no one else has.

2. Because they know that they can find a bigger fool than their self in a few years to pay even more for it.

3. In their mind , it is worth x number of dollars because someone else put a value of x dollars on that painting. If no one had told them it was worth x dollars, would they have even offered anywhere close to that amount if it was the same painting at a garage sale ?

Still kind of up in the air about this. Would anyone else care to take a shot at it?

#38     May 24, 2010
  9. I have some concert posters that I would not trade for Rembrandts.:)

#39     May 25, 2010
  10. Redneck

Redneck

Well Blox,

In a proper mind all things are possible of that there is no doubt… and as this thread’s goal is to assist…let’s see if I can help out….

A trader must never just shoot in the dark – specific reasons we must have if we’re to hit our mark

A trader has but two simple duties to perform – identify these clearly else peril you will adorn

And make no mistake for satisfaction we never obtain – from what we think or do for it surely would be in vain

A fool is a fool, a simpleton or a jest – only should that person decide it is best

Pictures may be what we utilize but it vital we see – our picture for what it is not what we want, hope, wish it to be

For tis true that beauty doth lie in the eye of the beholder… but beauty must never make us hesitate to hit a dump order

Yes most do search endlessly for value within pictures, paintings, fine art… we simpleton traders however find vast fortunes within our little ole chart

I truly hope I’ve helped you understand why TE oft speaks of pictures – for the right ones are priceless and the wrong ones plain bitches

Food for thought Sir
    RN

#40     May 25, 2010