RBS predicts severe crash

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by NY_HOOD, Jun 18, 2008.

1. Think about how this can happen.

Around 1994, I was sitting in this sales meeting where this money manager was telling us about all the bad stuff going on in Mexico BEFORE it blew up. I asked him, "then, why were you there?" He said, "Dreyfus was there, Fidelity, Merrill..............."

See how it goes down? It's like showing a manager a good low priced stock. They generally won't touch it. Because, if you're wrong on Apple, no one cares. But be wrong on United Microdog, and you're on the street. one time I did get a guy to write up a stock in the early 90's, and the guy made Institutional Investor. But, generally, no one wants to risk a career. It's easy to be in a crowd. And no one wants to be a lone wolf.

In October, 1987, a city was going to call their money manager on the carpet because they weren't participating in the market move. The meeting was scheduled for Wednesday, the 22nd. Think about the manager doing his job, and what he suffered for being right.

I tell you, I'm so glad not to have to talk to people about this. You just can't win. But you can as an individual. You have no one to answer to. And this, to me, has been handwriting on the wall in block letters. I'm not happy about it, but I was powerless to stop the madness. I tried.

By the way, it's going to end on it's own very, very soon. And it will be very, very ugly. RBS is more right than they know. Keep your eyes open, and I think you can make your career. You already know the playbook. It's no secret.

#31     Jun 18, 2008
  2. ft, 99% of the time, calls like this do not result in a crash - even when made by the exceedingly lucky few (as in, those who made an accurate call before).

I was preparing for the crash, and then this RBS call came out. CONTRARIAN INDICATOR.

#32     Jun 18, 2008
  3. Cutten

Cutten

Why?

#33     Jun 18, 2008