RBC Prop Trading Group

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by Sniper27, Nov 28, 2007.

1. Sniper27

Sniper27

Had an interview with this shop at the beginning of the week. Got the standard info that you would get from most prop shops : said they had a good trading platform, trading firm capital, they gave me decent starting line and said that if I do well with that line they will move it up.

I just want to know if anyone on this board has any info about this firm, and if I should know about them before signing up to trade their capital.

Thanks in advance.

2. Datradr

Datradr

Just wondering if this was in toronto ??

Getting in prop at a bank is not that easy so I would probably take that opportunity. They likely have some succesful traders who you could learn from.

3. I agree. We're talking about Royal Bank right?

4. Fabolous

Fabolous

I believe he is speaking about RBC Carlin. Which is competely different from RBC Capital Markets prop desk.
    I had an interview with them, met with David Abramson real nice guy. They have a real nice setup in NYC, a bunch of good traders. Overall a nice firm, their fees seemed a little high and I think their split was 60/40 for the trader. I was going to trade there but end up getting a job at Lehman. But if I end up ever going prop on my own, they will probably be were I will go.

5. Sniper27

Sniper27

Yes, RBC Carlin the office on 666 Third Ave.

The 60/40 firm capital deal is what I was offered. The deal seemed pretty consistent with what is out there at other places. I just want to know if anyone has any experience with the management and the trading systems, and if there is anything I should be aware of before signing up.

Thanks

6. meredith

meredith

what is RBC's fees?

8. gam1111

gam1111

Yeah, any capital required and do you have a track record from the last few years?

9. juniortai

juniortai

tomorrow is my first day there actually...

no salary, don't have to put up your own money, 1.5 cents per share that goes down to 1 and 1/3 cents per share depending on volume

i'll be at 39 broadway

10. cstfx

cstfx

Wow. .015/share is AWFULLY high even if it is someone else's money you are trading with. It appears they don't want you to make a living but to just churn it and make commission.

#10     Dec 4, 2007