RBC Carlin - Generic

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by hawkeye222, Feb 21, 2007.

1. sunyata

sunyata

thanks for all of the great replies. i also interviewed with assent (100% payout, $.007/share commission) and may go with them if Generic's training program is not as "extensive" as the company claims it is in its craigslist post.

what about matt geoffroy? anybody know this fellow?

#11     May 6, 2007
  2. Don't start out paying over .004. You can very very easily negotiate that rate with low volume from any reputable prop firm - they need you more than you need them - and when they clearly know that, they'll hook you up. .004 isn't that low, I know people who do shit volume and pay well, well under that starting out with low volume and great software/service/payout... so don't let yourself get ripped off any more than necessary. Any firm that makes .004 seem like a low rate, that you can work your way down to one day with volume, is a firm trying to rip you off.

#12     May 6, 2007
  3. What is the structure of the new office? Is it one huge room or is it broken off into many, many smaller offices? Just curious.

#13     May 8, 2007
  4. sunyata

sunyata

one office is what i saw. they were still installing computers. there might have been a back room too, but they made no indication.

luck and peace,
    s

#14     May 8, 2007
  5. nulax2727

nulax2727

I am pretty sure that deal was for a new trader with no money up, and able to hold positions both intra-day and overnight right out of the gate. also included training, any and all desk fees or technology fees incurred, break points and payment for licences.....It was an all inclusive, up front, this is what you will pay day one, with many options for those rates to decrease with experience and time.

Also included a proven strategy......Not just a computer and some cash. Technology, is reliable and top notch, support is fantastic, reporting is accurate, line never goes down, and it is a combination of GS clearing and RBC backing and branding. Peace of mind and job security counts for something still right? or are we still looking for the next best shop? is this 2002 or 2007?

My advice to everyone is to find what is best for you long or short term trading career goals, trading can be a career, or a hobbie, not both.

Also if your going to get any advice from these guys, ask, what questions you should ask in an interview, the details of every deal are more complicated than people want to admit.

#15     Sep 5, 2007
  6. Heard about that place, it's called Chinatown Trading, LLC?

#16     Sep 5, 2007
  7. generic is not recommended. i know personally people who got hurt by them. be warned.

that being said, i don't know if the other props are any better. probably they aren't.

you should be highly aware that looking for a prop firm is an exercise in finding 'the least of evil'. they are all scum by definition and it's just a matter of finding who's the least scummy.

if you think i'm negative, a doomsayer, not credible, talking out of personal frustration or whatever - be my guest and do whatever you want. good luck, you'll need it.

#17     Sep 5, 2007
  8. nulax2727

nulax2727

I got the impression A lot of traders either did not make it through the merger with RBC (risk exposure), or chose to either go out on their own (50 person groups that were doing great and it was time) or look for rates that were more condusive to scalping.

some people just didn't like the idea of a big bank. No one was wrong, we are all big boys and girls. Some people moved on happier than others. buy outs and change is never a comfortable situation. There will always be pissed off people in the end.

every trader has different needs, go with what company fits your needs best. Trading is not evil, you just need to know what your getting into. Many people don't and understandably feel betrayed. Some have really gotten taken advantage of by crappy people at crappy shops. Best thing you can do there is learn from it and not make the same mistake twice.

#18     Sep 5, 2007
  9. cstfx

cstfx

That's a rather broad brush you paint with, don't you think?

#19     Sep 5, 2007