Razor: The Mind of an NQ Trader

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Duref Mudgins, Sep 7, 2007.

1. Thanks! At the risk of stirring up a shitstorm, would you be willing to list posters from whom you have benefitted? I ask because over the years my list is less than ten. But their impacts have been quite dramatic.

#61     Sep 11, 2007
  2. Razor

Razor

Spooz Top
    austinp
    Spydertrader
    AMT4SWA
    Anekdoten
    ProfLogic

I have probably missed some but reading posts by those people contains quality info IMHO.

Also, everyone on the P/L thread as seeing people on there improve and post huge numbers is very inspiring. Some people say some people are bs'ing their PnL and if they are so what it still served it's purpose to motivate me :D

#62     Sep 11, 2007
  3. A good list!

I think I'll ask one last question, Proustian, and open the floor to audience questions.

As best I understand your method, and I have assiduously tried to avoid probing too deeply, it seems highly intuitive, or discretionary. Would you agree, and if so, do you see yourself ever making the attempt to codify and quantify it to make it automatable?

#63     Sep 11, 2007
  4. Razor

Razor

It is honestly very discretionary as I admitted on an earlier post a page or so ago.

Looking back over my trading I have always traded better using discretionary trading vs. trying some set of hard fast rules and indicators that everyone uses and mainly uses in the same way....again this is what I found for myself and this can differ for others. IMHO, stress IMHO there is so much sub-concious decision making going on before I enter a trade based on so many variables that I highly doubt I could explain it to someone to code....although what I do is simple, letting my subconcious tell me when to not enter what I see as a set-up and then enter something that may look similar to a trade I just entered a minute ago is the art form of trading which has to be learned by the individual and which is very personal.

#64     Sep 11, 2007
  5. more like your sock puppet fell off I think.

#65     Sep 11, 2007
  6. Razor

Razor

Huh ?

#66     Sep 11, 2007
  7. Well said!

Dialogueing with you has been far more fun and informative that I could ever have hoped for. You seem to be a thoughtful and insightful and well-grounded young man, and you can imagine how that makes ME feel! You clearly have a very bright future ahead as a trader, and I wish you all the best. Luck, you clearly will not need!

I am sure that our readers wish for you the same happy fortune, as they are mostly not trading against you.

You have been most gracious, forthcoming and engaging. And I am in your debt for opening me up to some different ways of thinking about trading. Please feel free to PM me through Hypostomus, as I am not yet making enough profits to afford my own brain, so I continue to camp out in his.

Readers, over to you for follow-up if you wish.

P.S.: ROTFLMAO, Razor clearly is not me, although I would be pleased if he were. Try to be a little more perceptive linguistically and stylistically.

#67     Sep 11, 2007
  8. Razor

Razor

It was fun, hopefully it may have benefited someone in some small way...who knows.

Thanks again for the kind words and all the best to you.

#68     Sep 11, 2007