Razor: The Mind of an NQ Trader

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Duref Mudgins, Sep 7, 2007.

1. OMG! Thank you VERY much for that! I am going to give all my in-house analysts, algo-rhymers and coders elephant enemas. Look at what they have me trading to!

#41     Sep 11, 2007
  2. If I may, I would like to learn some more about your background. For example, your interests in school, your previous occupational pursuits, what you do for amusement, that sort of thing. Of course nothing so specific that it would identify you. I ask because you seem to be extraordiarily well-balanced, and that just doesn't correlate with being a member of ET.

P.S. Are you going to set a daily profit goal per car based, let's say, on the daily range?

#42     Sep 11, 2007
  3. Razor

Razor

Graduated with a degree in accounting, passed my CPA exam in two attempts (failed tax section first time around). Huge into sports and staying fit, enjoy some good partying as well.

Not going to set a daily profit goal just going to trade what I see in front of me; however, when I get up $200 per car I tend to look for trades where I can get in with a 2 point and below stop. Not that the 3 point stop trades are not as legit but don't want to give too much back once I am up $200 per car.....again IMHO daily goals etc is another very personal thing depending on ones emotional 'make-up' etc

#43     Sep 11, 2007
  4. Razor

Razor

Guess it all boils down to if it works for you.

#44     Sep 11, 2007
  5. Buddy, I owe you a big one! I was surprised that EasySignal would chart your stuff, and was a bit embarrased to discover that I was running with version 8! So now you know my intellectual horsepower.

You biography paints a very clear picture of you. Thanks. A great background!

And I hope our readers are enjoying your story as much as I am.

Now if I may continue with charting, I am quite surprised that you scale to one point. Is there a non-proprietary reason?

And BTW, your personal modesty and trading restraint are exceptional. So un-ET-like!

#45     Sep 11, 2007
  6. Razor

Razor

Cheers for compliments :D

As far as the 'scaling to one point' I am not sure what you mean. I will actually scale in and out during the day depending on the volatility and depending on how far I have to look back to see the support and resistance points etc

#46     Sep 11, 2007
  7. So sorry, I am old, and English is not my native language. I mean that your price scale is 1976, 1977, 1978 und so weiter.

#47     Sep 11, 2007
  8. Razor

Razor

Oh ya, that just happend to be the scale at the current time....the scale does not stay fixed like this as I said before I will zoom in and out as I feel it is needed to see the relative action.

#48     Sep 11, 2007
  9. OK, you had me worried there. If it is not proprietary, why 400 cars for the EquiVolume? One-hundredth of the typical daily volume? Do you ever adjust it?

#49     Sep 11, 2007
  10. Razor

Razor

Looked at a few share bars between 300 - 1000 and decided that I could see things best with the 400vb......never change it unless I have a look at after hours (which I rarely do).

#50     Sep 11, 2007