Razor: The Mind of an NQ Trader

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Duref Mudgins, Sep 7, 2007.

1. Razor

Razor

Yup I think it was Prologic's info on that thread I read that got me started on share / volume bars.

My trading screen is very simple and I like it because it works....if I could trade successfully with a complicated screen I would probably use that....not sure if my personality has anything to do with all that but I would say that I like to try and live life in general like the Honda commercials from a couple of years back 'SIMPLIFY' :D

#31     Sep 11, 2007
  2. Razor

Razor

On a pullback no one will know exactly where the best support / resistance area to enter is so I try and make the best decision based on price action showing me that the pullback is over and I should be entering.......like I said before the price action may have not shown me this until it has already moved two points away from that sup / resis area, therefore my stop will have to be this distance away after entry.

#32     Sep 11, 2007
  3. Thanks. I kinda thought so based on your trade posts at Anekdoten. Simpleton!

Now for my next existential question. I think there are four ways to characterize the nature of the markets: efficient (FA driven, just buy and hold), random (you can't win speculating), inefficient (TA analyzable/winnable) and manipulated (you can win only if you are a devious bastard like THEM). If this makes any sense to you, where do you come down?

#33     Sep 11, 2007
  4. Interesting comment about not knowing for sure where S/R is. We'll have to get back to that.

#34     Sep 11, 2007
  5. Razor

Razor

I would classify my trading as making the best guess I can, setting a stop, adjust stop and profit objectives by attempting to read the price action but knowing all along that it is all a guess anyway....anything can happen and usually does.

#35     Sep 11, 2007
  6. Razor

Razor

No one knows anything for sure in the markets, if you did I would expect you own your private island by now :D

#36     Sep 11, 2007
  7. Wise guy! I made $115 in two zero risk 100% foreknowledge one-car trades this AM, obviously just loafing now.

So you have NO certainty about anything that will happen during the day re NQ? NO no-brainer NQ trades? (Clearly a trick question, you had best not answer, you get flamed either way.)

#37     Sep 11, 2007
  8. Razor

Razor

Correct, everything is just a guess.

#38     Sep 11, 2007
  9. OK, thanks, I think I understand you. At your leisure, could you possibly post a screen shot of your trading screen, of course with nothing proprietary as to levels etc. annotated on it. As a mental health professional, I am very much into Rorschach tests.

While I breathily await that, could you comment on any issues you see scaling up in NQ? I believe that you, like I, are what they cruelly denominate here as a "one-car-piker". I intend to leap from one to ten cars soon, hence my interest in your opinion.

#39     Sep 11, 2007
  10. Razor

Razor

http://i11.tinypic.com/6cikns3.png

There ya go, all I need to trade, I use IB for my broker.

I don't use anything proprietary....just simple price bars with heiken ashi overlayed (which are basically just price bars as well but they tend to help one see the trend better IMHO but you don't need um).

I will increase size by one car at a time if results remain consistent....I don't see myself increasing at more than one car every 3 - 6 months.

#40     Sep 11, 2007