Ray Bitar and Bright Trading

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by lwlee, Oct 20, 2012.

1. #41     Oct 21, 2012
  2. Ha I actually understood that

#42     Oct 21, 2012
  3. Where is Don ?

Usually 60 seconds after a Bright Trading post he is here!

Always thought taking deposits and charging brokerage was scammy never allowing anyone to see p/l history of each trader... "training" fee's ... desk fee's on and on... pretty clear

now hired a alleged criminal to watch over "los angeles" office.....

oh man "office" boiler room, get kids money ... fee's BS about edges etc

when is the "combine" going to start over at Bright... seems to be the latest way to get fee's pout of people ?

#43     Oct 21, 2012

4. Guess this isnt news..... must have been "expected"

#44     Oct 22, 2012
  5. I guess everyone got tired of spending their time analyzing Mav and Surf with their venture with Top Step/Patak, LOL. I'm literally sitting here laughing out loud not LOL, serious laughter, for gawd's sake guys, excuse my venture into the WTF territory.

I had the most educational, for me and others, including my brother, Retreat this last weekend. Our very top people flew to Vegas on their nickel to share with attendees only some of the coolest and fastest technology. I'm talking $million guys, who went out of their way to thank Bob and I for the initial trainings, which they took several times, and for the financial and moral support and they gave back of their time and money - I was literally almost in tears from happiness.

These are the smartest guys on the planet, and they have the ability to trade anywhere, the money to do what they want, use the platforms they like, and after testing more than a dozen, they said, I swear to God, that Redi and the GS system through Bright was far and above anything else offered. Note: I take only small credit, these are hard working guys - from one who was with Google for 7 years, to one who studies foreign languages as a hobby to "wind down."

I want to thank those of you who notified me of this thread and something similar somewhere else, I'll get to that when I have time. Still reeling from the weekend.

OK, Ray Bitar, Chris Ferguson. Smart guys who were members of Bright Trading. They came up with Full Tilt Poker back in 2002-2004 time frame. They did remarkably well, and devoted their time to that venture, and stopped trading. We've had many traders go onto other venture, some came back, some are still going strong.

I of course cannot comment on any legal issues, except to say that I, Don Bright personally, doubt they had any 'evil intention' form the get go.

It appears that someone is trying to get me into some big conflict, calling me baseless names, from an alias. Big deal, I have 100's of supporters vs a few individuals who have some sort of vendetta. I have enough health issues to let this kind of thing bother me.

I'll be announcing some major changes at Bright Trading for 2013, some of which I hope you guys will like. We're doing well, and are debating whether to fight some issues within Nevada to build this office back up, or simply continue our business with remote trading.

I've can't say much, but I have been approached to buy another Firm, once again, looking for a place for their traders to go. All I can say at this point is we are looking into it. Adding 500 traders or so? Maybe. As a public service, I would suggest that you guys stay current. I'll keep you posted.

As I finalize some of our new stuff, get Regulatory approval for dispatch, I'll let you guys know what's happening for 2013.

Thanks again for the support ....AND If you see a bunch of typos it's because I have a new laptop that is driving me crazy and moving my cursor around.

Sorry for the long post, and I'll get to some other stuff after this week.
    All the best everyone,

Don

(bash if you must, or perhaps put your time to better use).

:) :) :)

#45     Oct 22, 2012
  6. Typical Bright obfuscation and of course a complete lack of specifics.

As I have never been a Bright trader these are my opinions and deductions and I don't seem to be the only one who has come to the same conclusions.

He says "doubt they had any 'evil intention' form the get go." - Yet still Ray was a Bright manager for years and just like at Bright, one way or another - legions of players lost their money. My thought is if it wasn't in their character to begin with - it wouldn't have happened -I think it is kind of like if the business model at Bright wasn't so predatory maybe so many wouldn't have lost so much and more of them would strill be around today.

"These are the smartest guys on the planet" - Sure, I completely buy that the smartest guys on the planet are anonymous millionaire traders who started at Bright. I guess the "smartest guys on the planet" are not scientists or those at medical, scientific, political or other theoretical think tanks - they are of course Bright traders.

"calling me baseless names, from an alias" If not predator - what would you call someone whose program busted so many and such a high precentage of them "innocent beginners?"

As to alias - what has my name got to do with the points made - I think you have a huge failure rate, prey on the most innocent market participants, are suffering a huge decline in your business, and in spite of grandiose claims about comming change and your training being the best in the world - the results remain the same.

Why not say anything you would say to me privately - say it here and finally and publicly address the points I have raised here for all to see. I remember our previous face to face conversations as being at best boring and at worst a ridiculous waste of time, however, if you have anything to say to me privately - PM me and if it is anything other than the same lame BS I find in your posts and pitches, I will give you a call.

If you really felt that your training really helped and you provide the capital why would you not, quite justifiably, claim a share of trading profits. My opinion is that you don't expect most of your treaders to make trading profits just as I think of the licensing requirement to be a boon for Bright becasue it prevents law suits from the losers.

What is the ratio of people who have left Bright profitable and those who left as losers.

What is the average loss and biggest loss?

How many branches and traders at Bright's height and how many now and why?

You have mentioned that you will post the tems of trading at Bright as soon as someone else does - why not post rates, fees and terms for all to see here and now - if some terms vary post the ranges.

"I'll be announcing some major changes at Bright Trading for 2013" Will it be as state of the art as what I think of as your largely discredited auto pair trading or even better that great brain you had on your last webinar who went on about using his theoretical values at 15 minute intervals?

You said "bash if you must, or perhaps put your time to better use" - I don't think of it as bashing, I think of it as just as much a public service as when you said "As a public service, I would suggest that you guys stay current" - Does anybody know anything that ever happened at Bright that warranted a publice service announcement other than caveat emptor?

I think technology today has made available many tools and methods that could dramatically change the retail prop business for the better to both customer and provider. Unfortunately it just seems to me that the biz is driven by old timers unable to change their spots.

As to your reference to major changes and adding 500 traders - I think if either really happens that you should get into the bridge selling business - oh wait - I think you already are in the brige selling business.

Jack

#46     Oct 22, 2012
    #47     Oct 22, 2012

8. the Excalibur called.

the $5.95 buffet is comped and your table is waiting.

#48     Oct 22, 2012
  9. this trading isn't going so good

I'm thinking about raising chickens

or maybe going to Las Vegas and playing poker

#49     Oct 22, 2012
    #50     Oct 22, 2012