Rationality: it can happen

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by rangetrader2012, Nov 10, 2012.

1. So you did vote based on race... yeah thought so. Not very rational now is it...

#21     Nov 10, 2012
  2. maxpi

maxpi

Management can be automated easier than manufacturing. Managers can be replaced with programs that hand out tasks to the best qualified person, that get feedback from every person receiving the results of a task and from every person doing a task.. raises can be given according to the very accurate records of what tasks were completed and what the feedback was on each task... but management would have to decide to replace themselves so we never, ever, hear of this idea, do we?

#22     Nov 10, 2012
  3. It's pretty clear you're not management.

What you are talking about is operations.

Like I said, I'll pretty much be among the last humans with actual work to do and it's precisely because I'm capable of thinking in a way that a computer is not.

The rest of you are on your own.

#23     Nov 10, 2012
  4. seadog

seadog

Didn't read all the post.But I like the topic. Yes it can hsppen. Kind of rare to find though.Egos and fantasies get in the way of reality.In trading, the concept of millions of $, can happen.Not sure how real it is. We all know the percentage.

#24     Nov 10, 2012
  5. Also, robots don't bitch or f*ck off on facebook all day. :D

Resident Dummy

#25     Nov 11, 2012
  6. I worked over there at Toyota for a few months when I wasn't sure what I wanted to do with my life. And I have seen those robots in action. They are extremely fast, and would just as soon kill you as weld a motor. You really don't want to get in their way unless you know exactly what you are doing. I know I would never get in that room and try to reason with them.

#26     Nov 11, 2012
  7. I take it that it is like trying to reason with a woman, :p?

#27     Nov 11, 2012
  8. maxpi

maxpi

I'm talking about whole levels of management, moreso at the frontline level...

#28     Nov 11, 2012