Ratio stuff

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by gummy, Jul 30, 2005.

1. gummy

gummy

2. ntfs

ntfs

I was wondering if you were the same "Gummy". I have used, learned and enjoyed your site for several years and just wanted to say thank you for everything!

Best Regards,

nt

3. gummy

gummy

Note:
    When I said "By popular demand", I was talking about my wife.
    She demanded I do something to keep me busy :)

"I was wondering if you were the same Gummy..."
    Yes, I think so.
    I've been playing in that gummy-stuff sandbox for over ten years.

4. Yeah gummy, great site! Thanks.

Do know any other math/science related sites that is similar to yours in flair? This type of teaching style needs to be more wwwidespread imo. Thanks again.

5. my son, as a baby, used the word "gummy" when referring to a pumpkin.

6. gummy

gummy

"Do know any other math/science related sites that is similar to yours in flair?"
    No, I don't. The ones I ran across (umpteen years ago) I couldn't understand
    ... which explains my starting up gummy-stuff.

"my son, as a baby, used the word 'gummy' when referring to a pumpkin."
    When I first started gummy-stuff, somebuddy asked if I had any teeth :)

7. Blimey ! you've done a site re-design since I last visited and I'm happy to have rediscoverd your site.

Definitely an 'Add to Favorites' — thanks.

8. Babak

Babak

Thanks for the chart gummy. I've downloaded it but when I follow your instructions and change any of the symbols for the ratio (right hand side) I get an error and the cells load up with #N/A. Oh and I can't put in any Canadian securities like say, RY.to or HBC.to. Yahoo! finance should be able to read those symbols.

Anyone else get it to work (with other symbols)?

9. gummy

gummy

Babak
    Tell me the four stock symbols (and the ratio symbols) and I'll try it myself.

Note: The R = Ratio is calculated from the four stocks that were downloaded ... so you gotta select two of those four.

10. gummy

gummy

#10     Jul 31, 2005