Ratigan Quits CNBC?

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by cstfx, Mar 27, 2009.

1. nlslax

nlslax

Just pissed in my pants...:D

#51     Mar 27, 2009
  2. nlslax

nlslax

You guys are killing me!!!!
    :D

#52     Mar 27, 2009
  3. I'm a Fast Money fan.. in that its pretty much the only trading show worth turning on the TV.. I just like hearing the various opinions of the panelists and guests on the day's market.

It could be alot better, but oh well. I find it entertaining, and I personally preferred Dylan Rattigan.. at least over the other potential hosts.

He was often WAY too testosterone'd up, but he did have a knack for forcing people to not RAMBLE on and get to the point- and I liked how a panelist would make some big complicated statement and he would say something like.. "OK, so what does that MEAN? I mean how do I TRADE information?"

He was good as the "driver" of the show.

Melissa Lee is OK at it, but her stripper hair is distracting, and she's not as firm as Rattigan and the show needs that.

That being said, he always seemed really pissed off, and he and Macke seemed a few times like they might jump over the desk and get into fisticuffs

(now the fight seems to be between Macke and the ponytail dude)

"I guess I'm in the minority here but I have liked Ratigan on Fast Money. I thought he was able to do quick summaries and keep things moving in a very professional manner. The panelists are not broadcasters and need someone riding herd on them or you end up with a mess like Cramer or the Fox Saturday morning shows."

I totally agree with that

Cramer is impossible to take, and Kudlow.. well, let's just say theyre auditioning for La Cage aux Faux 3 down the street dude..

#53     Mar 27, 2009
  4. I was thinking the same thing. Between that and his calling what AIG did "basically insurance fraud", he probably already knew his days were numbered and just decided to start telling it like it is - to his credit IMO. He's the only one on the network who consistently seemed genuinely angry at some of these guys.

And to the poster who suggested Kudlow might have a thing for the fellas .... I totally agree.

#54     Mar 28, 2009
  5. I don't watch much TV but he was on some non CNBC show last fall, forget which, and he gave the best snapshot of the financial crisis for the layman ever. It was condensed and non technical also.

JBL- THE HEEL- for commissioner.

[​IMG]

He can put people in headlocks plus he is qualified.

#55     Mar 28, 2009
  6. timbo

timbo

There's something about fedex style that makes me want to show my finger. But I"m increadably (sp) drunk now, so good bye Dillion (sp), I saw you fall from bloomberg to CNBC. Geeesh, life is short.

#56     Mar 28, 2009
  7. heech

heech

Dylan Ratigan is my favorite ... whatever, on-air personality... at CNBC. I actually can't stand Fast Money, since I think it's barely a step up from Mad Money.

But just listen to him on Closing Bell... the guy is incredibly talented. Smart, well-informed, and thinks quick on his feet. I've always really enjoyed his observations.

He's better than the rest of CNBC combined, IMO.

#57     Mar 28, 2009
  8. Kudlow & Cramer are the only decent entertainers on CNBC. Everyone else is expendable.

#58     Mar 28, 2009
  9. Anyone think this is a setup for an april fools joke? :eek: :cool:

#59     Mar 29, 2009
  10. zdreg

zdreg

I am glad he converted.

#60     Mar 29, 2009