Ratigan Quits CNBC?

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by cstfx, Mar 27, 2009.

1. cstfx

cstfx

Well, he didn't even make it thru the day. No afternoon Final call, no fast money.

His profile is removed from the site too.

Ratigan was ok if full of just a little too much testosterone. But he is FAR from the most annoying.

1. Cramer - need we say any more

2. Kudlow - nothing but a Bush/GOP apologist

3. D. Deutch - nothing but an Obama apologist "YES, every rich person shoould pay more taxes!!!)

4. Liesman - another Obama apologist

5. Burnett - really just a twit. She is to financial news reporting as JLo is to acting

6. Gasbag - as breaking as his news is, he never shuts the fuck up - he's got a Napolean complex (Ever see him standing next to Kneale - no wonder he's always fighting with him)

I would prefer to see these go first.

#31     Mar 27, 2009
  2. how much $ do you think the typical CNBC talking head makes?

#32     Mar 27, 2009
  3. cstfx

cstfx

From their hosting/reporting duties, probably no more than 150-200k. Remember, it's a cable channel, not network. Did you see the POS car that Cabrerra was driving a few months back when she was looking to buy new during the oil surge?

And most try to use it as a platform to network news. rarely do they go backwards as it would be seen as a sign of failure (cough, cough, Trish regan and Carl Quint.)

#33     Mar 27, 2009
  4. Illum

Illum

I bet the guy gets twice as much now, times are tough, but all kinds of networks need someone who at least has a clue.

#34     Mar 27, 2009
  5. Haven't read the rest of the thread, but ... LMFAO! :p :D

#35     Mar 27, 2009
  6. I believe someone on air said they are not allowed to own stock per the network rules. I wonder if this includes GE or not. If they can't own any stock whatsoever, I wonder where they put their IRA/retirement money.

#36     Mar 27, 2009
  7. hayman

hayman

I would bet that they are pulling in 250-300, depending on duties.

#37     Mar 27, 2009
  8. CNBC SHOULD BE SHUT DOWN
    THEY ONLY REPORT B.S IT IS LIKE A LEGAL SCAM

#38     Mar 27, 2009
  9. Mup

Mup

#39     Mar 27, 2009
  10. I think that you guys are way off, and totally overestimate how much money these people are making.

There is a reason why there is so much turnover at CNBC . . . It's because of the low salary.

#40     Mar 27, 2009