Ratigan Quits CNBC?

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by cstfx, Mar 27, 2009.

1. I say, more broads.

what happened to that neurotic options chick?

anyone else think kudlow kinda likes men?

#21     Mar 27, 2009
  2. just21

just21

The bigger news is that Bloomberg UK TV has been shut down. No more Nina de Roy.

#22     Mar 27, 2009
  3. WTF is going on with Bloomberg?

They seem to be cutting waaaay back.

Does Michael Bloomberg, the ultimate insider, know something ominous?

If not, why would he be contracting Bloomberg at such a fast rate?

#23     Mar 27, 2009
  4. I guess I'm in the minority here but I have liked Ratigan on Fast Money. I thought he was able to do quick summaries and keep things moving in a very professional manner. The panelists are not broadcasters and need someone riding herd on them or you end up with a mess like Cramer or the Fox Saturday morning shows.

That said, I rarely watch Fast Money anymore. The 5:00 time slot is not very convenient, and a couple of the panelists are very annoying. It might be better if they cut back to maybe three or even two panelists, provided one of them wasn't Najarian.

It's pretty much the only worthwhile show on CNBC. I think Ratigan did a good job, but he can be replaced by either that Asian girl or Melissa Francis. Being CNBC they will probably put a moron like Erin Burnett on instead.

#24     Mar 27, 2009
  5. ElCubano

ElCubano

I dislike him him the most...

#25     Mar 27, 2009

6. I read somewhere that the news division their never made any money and he regarded it as advertising for the terminals - which is where the money comes from.

If I remember correctly, the trading terminal part of Bloomberg is either contracting or not meeting his growth targets. Easy to imagine w/the street imploding and all. So, the news unit suffers as a result.

#26     Mar 27, 2009
  7. just21

just21

And what happened to Bloomberg radio? it now seems to be the audio from the TV station.

#27     Mar 27, 2009
  8. Everything you need to know about CNBC etc... can be derived from watching the advertising:

The Dude: It's like what Lenin said... you look for the person who will benefit, and, uh, uh...

Donny: I am the walrus.

The Dude: You know what I'm trying to say...

Walter Sobchak: That fucking bitch...

Donny: I am the walrus.

Walter Sobchak: shut the fuck up, Donny! V.I. Lenin. Vladimir Illanich Uleninov!

#28     Mar 27, 2009
  9. Larry Kudlow, Maria Cabrusa-I-Need-To-Interject-My-Big-Fat-Ass-Mouth-Opinion-Into-Every-Discussion-Cabrerra, and Dennis Neale are the three biggest wankers on CNBC.

Ratigan had an annoying cadence, but wasn't moronically bullish, at least.

#29     Mar 27, 2009
  10. Nope, not bullish, just moronic

#30     Mar 27, 2009