Rates on IB Notes

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by USAtrader, Mar 30, 2006.

1. Anyone have any idea if they plan to raise the rates on their offerings anytime soon?

While the rates have been great for the past few years, they are becoming less attractive, having not changed from that 8% since early 2002 (though still attractive, as I DO consistently contribute to them), as interest rates close in. Assuming no change I am less likely to continue to contribute as much, though still will some each offering.

2. kww

kww

Would you mind posting a link for this? I've seen them mentioned before and I've searched the site twice and haven't been able to find a word about them. Maybe I'm blind. Help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Wayne

3. ktm

ktm

I don't think they are on the site. My understanding was that the notes are a private offering to certain qualified individuals and institutions. As always, I may be mistaken.

4. I apologize for posting the above on a public forum. I realize that this is not for public discussion. I would delete the original message if I could.

I will no longer post on this thread. If anyone wants to discuss further, hypothetically speaking of course, please pm.

5. Anyone know how to value the embedded option on a note like this? A bond that can be redeemed before maturity at the borrower's request?