Rate the posters

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by DonCorleone, Mar 31, 2009.

1. While there are many posters that contribute in very positive ways to fellow traders/members, there are many annoying abrasive bastards and mental nutcases that deteriorate the quality of this website. And while the ignore function works sometimes, there are instances where I'd prefer to have certain posters be exiled forever.

How about allowing a ratings system where we can rate each poster on the basis of quality of their posts? That way we can either have a personal preference setting where we can automatically ignore posters with low ratings, or members and moderators can elect to kick out the low rated scums and forever ban their IP address from registering again.

Just my 2 cents...

2. Lucrum

Lucrum

Personally I think it's a good idea.

If I'm not mistaken it's been suggested several times, and denied and/or overlooked each time.

3. My vote goes to crgarcia - the master of starting perhaps the most new threads with shock titles and 9 word original posts, and then running away and rarely saying anything else in the threads.

He is like a 9 year old, shaking with laughter and anticipation, as he looks for a new victim for his water balloons...

You cannot put threads on ignore, so you still have to wade through his National Enquirer threads :mad:

4. Bad idea. You can look at how threads rated to see what will happen. Any threads not conforming to talk radio will get 0-1 stars so any not conservative poster will be rated abysmal by the limbaugh kool aid crowd.