Rate hike effects?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by kfir, Mar 12, 2017.

1. kfir

kfir

Now it is highly anticipated that a rate hike will happen at Friday.

My question is what will happen to the stocks when the rate hike happens? Will they go negative or the rate hike was already calculated into the price?

What will happen if the rate hike won't happen? Will the stocks go higher since the hike was already calculated in the price?

Thanks

murray t turtle likes this.
  2. Check your crystal ball

tommcginnis likes this.
  3. Here is a free advice for you:

I learned a long time ago that when it comes to trading, try not to predict the outcome of market moving event or use the conditional formula ( if this then that) a head of time, but set tied and wait for the event outcome to formulate and then go with the flow!

Live and learn to trade another day!

Good luck

lovethetrade and tommcginnis like this.
  4. i960

i960

At this point the market will probably react more if there *isn't* a rate hike.

5. java

java

If nobody else but you knows about this it could be quite a shock.

murray t turtle and carl0215 like this.
  6. Last edited: Mar 12, 2017
  7. java

java

Yes, that's what everybody is worried about. A rate hike.

8. tommcginnis

tommcginnis

Okay, well, ....... first things first..... *when* is that rate hike expected to drop?

9. %%
    KFIR,Yogi Base-ball Bearra , said ''i dont make predictions, especially about about the future''.LOL As far as probabilities, TGT [Target stock] is in a Bear market + has been past 2 years /200dma. SPY, SDY, DIA,QQQ is still in an Up-trending Bull market, but real extended uptrend,,,, may get more extended.MARCH maybe be bullish---- it tends to be -NOT a prediction. Wisdom is profitable to direct

10. JackRab

JackRab

I think with 0.25 rate increase market will go up a bit... not much. If they don't, I think we'll drop a percent or so.. 1.5%.... But as always it depends on the reasoning...

Normalization is good IMO, Banks will definitely go up fairly strong.

#10     Mar 13, 2017