Rarely seen on ET and elsewhere

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by learner2007, Sep 11, 2016.

1. On ET and elsewhere I so often see people asking for information, for your knowledge, for your help etc. without ever using the word 'please', or giving a 'thanking you in advance'. And if someone is kind enough to assist the OP, rarely is a follow up 'thank you' sent. Where have people's manners gone? What a shame.

So to those who do not use please or thank you, in the future I hope all of your meals taste like the bottom of a birdcage!

And thank you for your time spent reading this.

2. or spedning maybe 5 minutes on google to look up the easy answer themselves. Main reason many people fail is simple laziness and wanting the answer handed to them.

Thiefty%, wrbtrader, i960 and 3 others like this.
  3. Even then, if people are not lazy and work and study hard in trading...95% of them will... Still... fail :):banghead:,

Trading is kind of difficult to explain why so many people fail.
    It's truly a battlefield out there everyday. So many variables are constantly changing and in play...your mettle will truly be tested.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2016
  4. OptionGuru

OptionGuru

Could you post a link to an ET post that you feel should have been more appreciated?

Could you post a link to an ET post that you feel should have been "googled" first?

IMO .... both of the claims in the above quoted posts are unsubstantiated and I doubt learner2007 or optioncoach will be able to provide a link to such posts.

:)

5. vanzandt

vanzandt

That's what the "LIKE" button is for isn't it? But agree, .....good manners are always timeless.

6. There is no purpose in finger pointing, even though it would be easier than pointing at a star on a cloudless night in the desert.

7. Yes, that's one usage for it that could be regarded as a 'thanks'. But no 'like' and no 'thank you' is like when someone holds the door open for you and you walk right through without even a nod, and which is seen all too often here.
    Oh well, maybe that's the way of the internet and I'm just ol' fashioned.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2016
  8. userque

userque

Unfortunately, we've become a very narcissistic society...at least in the USA.

9. OptionGuru

OptionGuru

Just as I thought ---- You're full of shit. This thread should be in Chit Chat.

:)

10. vanzandt

vanzandt

As I said..... good manners are timeless. I am in agreement with you.

I always hold the door for people.... and if they don't acknowledge me..... I let it be known in no uncertain terms that they are rude lol. I'm surprised I haven't gotten my ass beat. Its like people that park in handicapped spots that aren't handicapped..........I give it to them too. F-em. Nasty assed fat-assed losers.

But it is what it is I guess. Better to just laugh at the ignorance and make money off the stupidity.

#10     Sep 11, 2016
    DallasCowboysFan likes this.