Rare Marketsurfer Stock Pick--SHORT

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by marketsurfer, Jul 11, 2007.

1. This wasn't catching a falling knife, it was standing in front of a throwing knife.

:D

#21     Jul 30, 2007
  2. yeah, didn't honor the mental stops--- still short. patience friends.

analysis of total destruction in this one remains clear.

i HATE this company.

surf:D

#22     Jul 30, 2007
  3. What has changed between the time that you chose your mental stop and the time you decided to disregard it? And if nothing has changed, but you still decided to disregard your mental stop, then why did you have one in the first place?

Do you have a new and improved mental stop?

#23     Jul 30, 2007
  4. the initial stop was based on the information gleaned to that point. one must always remain flexible, as info changes so must you---or you will forever live in the past, Tdog.

i made the decision that there may be temporary extreme volatility due to earnings after studying the stock a bit more. therefore, the initial stops were dtermined to be too tight in the event this volatility was adverse. yes, i'll bail on this one @63 taking the loss.

yeah, i was early, and wrong initially, but remain supremely confident of this trade.

surf

plastic fad shoes?? this is a dog with fleas!

#24     Jul 30, 2007
  5. xiaodre

xiaodre

okay, but nowhere does it state a fad company has to stay a fad company...with all their newfound wealth, they could start making real shoes!! :eek:

just a thought...

#25     Jul 30, 2007
  6. uh oh...I think your letting your emotions get the best of you on this one surf :( I've done the same thing...hate a CO that refuses to go down...ugh...the old saw...the market (stock) can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent. GL

#26     Jul 30, 2007
  7. 30% short interest....

#27     Jul 30, 2007
  8. Your new protective stop of $15 per share is admirably flexible, and represents almost one-third of the market price at the time you entered. Patience (and faith) indeed.

I agree that one should remain flexible when info changes, as you correctly noted. However, there was really no change in info (certainly none in your favor). The only thing that really changed was your mental stop because of a change in price. Is price the "info" you were referring to? Because price always changes. Does that mean that your protective stop, mental or otherwise, will also always change?

P.S. Normally, I wouldn't ask this sort of question. However, a $15 protective stop per share is quite thought provoking. May I ask how many shares we are talking about?

#28     Jul 30, 2007
  9. Kutty

Kutty

great call smurf!

maybe if you spent less time here with your 40 aliases you would learn how to trade!

#29     Jul 30, 2007
  10. My little guy just loves crox.... Only shoes he wears! Add those jiblets which cost about $2 each, and a pair of Crox can easily cost 60 to 100.

They have a whole line of shoes, derivatives of the original, but still nice, and most say they are comfortable. I think you are in trouble with this one surf. PErhaps the market will save you. GL!

#30     Jul 30, 2007