Rare Marketsurfer Stock Pick--SHORT

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by marketsurfer, Jul 11, 2007.

1. Looks like it has already begun... I dont know about the rest of you but a guy wearing that shoe on the beach... little swishy if you ask me.

Everyone I know who has a pair says the same thing, comfortable but the shoes are ugly. Comfort is easy to replicate.

#11     Jul 11, 2007
  2. #12     Jul 11, 2007
  3. I would consider buying JAN 08 $30 Puts at $1.50 and just let it sit and wait. Once summer dies down you will see sales dip and more cheaper versions will hit the markets. Also more stores will discount them. For $1.50 risk per contract it is a much safer play on an implosion than shorting. Of course there is the OTM risk but this stock was below $30 before the summer started and closer to $25 at the end of the winter.

I would even consider buying the JAN 08 $30 puts and sell Aug $30 Puts and roll each month as a calendar collecting premium to reduce the cost as the drop will not come for a few months if it does. You could get the total cost down below $1.00 in a month or two perhaps.

#13     Jul 11, 2007
  4. Guys, look again. Those are only for godawful red and baby blue pairs. Too gay - that's why they're on fire sale prices.

I think CROX is akin to KKD. Can still rocket up some more, but will crash and burn at some point. Smurf, how deep are those pockets?

#14     Jul 11, 2007
  5. That is my point for using longer term OTM puts instead of a short. Summer aint over yet and I have seen more and more now over the summer. I can bet anything that they will get thrown in the closet come September and hardly seen anymore in the colder regions and in the Southern regions, the latin america knockoffs will be in full swing. I got my son a copy pair from Panama for $5. Kiosks in the malls are selling Crocs for $25 - $30! They will stop selling them soon when people realize they can bey them for $15 in Wal-mart and K-mart or the knockoffs for that price.

#15     Jul 11, 2007
  6. ElCubano

ElCubano

the other colors are also on sale for like 29 bucks ( or is that the regular price )...but like option says...I also saw a knockoff in winn dixxie supermarket for $12.00 and also at sears....and they are exactly the same with the exception of the little crocs symbol...

#16     Jul 11, 2007
  7. taking some heat here, maintaining position, and expecting drop soon. volatility was expected, unfortunately initial direction was wrong, but analysis remains in force. staying SHORT

surf

#17     Jul 30, 2007
  8. Hope for your sake, you're right. Although you remind me of myself back in 2000 when I was watching my QCOM and CMGI calls tank. I convinced myself that I was right but the market felt differently.

#18     Jul 30, 2007
  9. :confused:

#19     Jul 30, 2007
  10. You're right, this IS classic. :eek:

#20     Jul 30, 2007