rare marketsurfer stock pick--- part 2

Discussion in 'Journals' started by marketsurfer, Dec 24, 2003.

1. the neural network engine that triggered SIRI as a buy @ 2.25 is unclear and shaky for this weeks performance. as you know, this is a long term hold-- with this in mind, our stops are at 1.92. i am still projecting 4 plus by april.

best,

surfer :)

#11     Dec 27, 2003
  2. we are aggressively adding to the SIRI long position today.

best,

surfer :) :)

#12     Dec 29, 2003
  3. Not that you should care but ... I share the sentiment. At some point in '04 SIRI should turn parabolic.

Contemplating another entry & ultimate position size ...

#13     Dec 29, 2003

4. thanks.

have a great new years !

surfer

#14     Dec 29, 2003
  5. Surfer,
    I thought you were done for the year!:p

I'll keep my eyes on SIRI. It gets plenty of volume on Island so you should see fairly accurate quotes on your copy of MidCast. Good luck!

#15     Dec 29, 2003

6. thanks, hillcast. yeah, i am done trading the sytem untill 2004 but if i see an opp. i'll pounce. i used your mobile service today with good results. the intraday candle charting feature is sweet.

happy 2004 !

surfer

#16     Dec 29, 2003
  7. SIRI has been very active partially because a lot of the liquidity traders (guys that work for ECNs) have been trading it almost exclusively. Take a look at a level 2 and you will see all the small ECNs lined up. (ATTN, NXTD, etc.).

As far as the "news" that BMW was putting SIRI receivers in their cars, this had been announced at least four months ago. Maybe longer.

IMO, the stock is just going up on good fundamentals. Surfer made a good call for the right reasons. I would not try and trade this stock short term. But I would "invest" here.

Of course we all have our own definition of what an investment is. For me, it's months. More often years. And I NEVER trade stocks that cannot be hypothecated.

Good call Surf. I like this pick a lot. Hope it works for you. I may even call my broker for this one:) Something I don't even average doing twice or so a year. And he knows damn well never to call me!!! LOL

Peace,
    :)RS

#17     Dec 29, 2003

8. thanks, rs ! yes, it is a longer term hold .

have a great new year !

surfer:)

#18     Dec 29, 2003
  9. Magna

Magna Administrator

Please keep all posts to marketsurfer's stock picks, no personal attacks, the usual suspects. Thanks.

#19     Dec 29, 2003
  10. we ae holding SIRI long here.

best,
    surfer

#20     Dec 30, 2003